Custom sub box

JGvtec

Why did you make 3 separate box's? Why not combine them? I like how you even enclosed the amp :thumbs up

mkl399

dang dude i dig it. hope you dot plan on using your trunk though

nathan_carmona

Gold Member
looks pretty good, I would have put ported plexyglass over the subs and some more ports in the sides. That way they got some protection

bradster101

makes my setup look like nada lol

I do like it though, what kinda power u push n out there?

forrest12

Why did you make 3 separate box's? Why not combine them? I like how you even enclosed the amp :thumbs up
I didnt make the 12 in the center i just made the two tens. I didnt feel like taking the time to make a nother enclosure when i already had one.

5StarCord

put a fan (or two) in the amp enclosure if you haven't done so already.. one pushing and one pulling. Otherwise that amp will overheat and shut off.

Not sure why someone recommended porting the boxes. Unless they are tuned for porting they will cause the sound to be distorted, the speaker to over extend and most likely blow the speaker.

What ohm is all that running at? Is the amp stable at that ohm rating?

jbrown97ls

im contemplating building another box for my sedan.i have 2 kicker cvrs. can anyone give me input to if porting it or keeping it sealed would be better? a brief explanation why would be wonderful also.

thanks!
-Josh

BeatBox

Real Good!
Do you know anything about making sub enclosures? This picture leads me to believe that you don't.
not to hate on OP but def not the right enclosure for the box, its def more of looks over function. aslong as hes happy with it that whats matters.

im contemplating building another box for my sedan.i have 2 kicker cvrs. can anyone give me input to if porting it or keeping it sealed would be better? a brief explanation why would be wonderful also.

thanks!
-Josh
alittle thread jack there lol but this might help you
http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Control/fp/SFV/30046/view_page/Sealed_VS_Ported_Subwoofer_Boxes
IMO for tegs def go ported! and say no to prefab :)

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
There are different pro's and con's to ported vs non. It's a huge matter of preference and personal taste. X2 on if he's happy, that's what matters, you gotta make it look good and sound good IMO. Not one or the other.