cv issue?

1992tegsedan

i have a icking/knocking sound when turning coming from he drivers sider wheel well im told its a cv sumthing or nother could yall verify what random person old me?

hulkman38

all GO little SHOW
i have a icking/knocking sound when turning coming from he drivers sider wheel well im told its a cv sumthing or nother could yall verify what random person old me?
cv sounds like your tire is hittin you splash guard makitn it tick against the car....is the best way i can describe it. i had bad ones and just replaced my axles they were like 70bucks ea. from advanced new and supposed to have a life time guarantee but well see lol

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
Turn the wheel to both sides and when you have it cocked to each side look under the car and look at the CV axle boots for rips or tears, then you will for sure know its you're axles.

hulkman38

all GO little SHOW
Turn the wheel to both sides and when you have it cocked to each side look under the car and look at the CV axle boots for rips or tears, then you will for sure know its you're axles.
Thats not always true my boot had no tears but the inner cv pretty much exploded! It was un drive able and prob been a insta wreck had i been goin fast.

speedin

The Transporter
Thats not always true my boot had no tears but the inner cv pretty much exploded! It was un drive able and prob been a insta wreck had i been goin fast.
Yea this is true. But thankfully for the majority the boot rips. But from the sounds of its that random person is right.