D16A1 questions

Ghettokracker71

LS/Vturd
Well I got a free D16A1. All I really know is "motor from 89 integra".My fiancee called and was like "want a free integra motor? I got you one if you want it" So I been trying to research and see if its really even worth my time..I dont want a 1st gen integra, so I'm thinking how hard is gonna be for a swap? blah. I geuss my first question is, what transmission to use? What car to put it in? Is it worth even dicking wth. I'd love a nice EF8)

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
The D16A1 is from the 86-87 Integra, the D16A3 is from the 88-89 Integra.
D16A1 = 113HP/99TQ
D16A3 = 118HP/103TQ

The D16A1 is the weakest Integra motor ever made, no wonder it was free, lol.

B18TEG

BLACK DA
i dunno, that hp/tq is pretty close, i bet with some good planning out it can be alot more. . . . .and/or boost it.

Ghettokracker71

LS/Vturd
hahaha...well I was thinking if I got my hands on a dirt ass cheap CRX body or something I could rebuild it and slap it in, I was just wondering about tannys and if it was even worth my time so to speak

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I can't help you with tranny info, but as far as doing a swap for that engine, I can't imagine it being worth the time/effort/money. Unless you can score most of what you need for free or very little, and if your doing all the work yourself. It's not much of an improvement over what comes stock in a CRX Si already, for example. But it could be a fun project. Maybe if score a shell in real nice condition for cheap, get that engine in there, you may even be able to sell it for a profit. Whether it's all "worth it" is up to you really.

graveyardhippie

oh, and like i said on the other post. my 89 had an A1 in it. they did up the hp across the board for the last 2 years of production. but they had a1's still in them. so if i remember, the distributor or something is the only way to tell which year A1 it is.

g3teg97

Super Moderator
TegSox said:
I can't imagine it being worth the time/effort/money.
I'd have to agree with TegSox...with that motor parts are so limited and there's nothing that will gain you a lot of power.

graveyardhippie

g3teg97 said:
I'd have to agree with TegSox...with that motor parts are so limited and there's nothing that will gain you a lot of power.
i own one and agree. its the american dual cam ZC. boost is all it's really good for. but you could change the intake cam i think and get a little more power out of it. other than that, if your not restoring a G1, those motors are pointless.