D2 with swift springs?

KarlDelrosay

okay so i have d2s on my 98 gsr and i was disappointed in how much body roll they were giving me when i used them for autocross last week. I was wondering if there is a way to stiffen them up via and upgraded spring, or some guy at the event told me to raise the collars on them to compress the spring some more even after i told him, "thats the preload, are you sure?" which also got me curious as to what it would do if i went up a few threads on the preload. would it have any effect? whatever back to the original question can i upgrade the springs on my d2s and where can i get them? Thanks

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
I personally would ditch that set up and get koni and ground controls or Buddy Club N+ or Buddy Club RSDs. You can help your preload by adjusting the collar or by adding a helper spring. Stiffer springs will help, but only if your coilovers are valved for them. For instance, a koni yellow is valved to ~500lb/in where a koni race is valved to 1000lb/in and Tockico illuminas are valved to ~350in/lb. if you get a stiffer spring, you may blow the shock. I personally prefer using eibach springs, after 4 years of track time on them, they held their advertised spring rate. I was quite impressed, and these springs had damage on them. I believe you can purchase springs through tunersports, shoot them an email at support@tunersports.com or i know Ground Control carries springs for Eibach. If you are married to SWIFT springs, give Raceline USA in Temple City a call.

KarlDelrosay

I personally would ditch that set up and get koni and ground controls or Buddy Club N+ or Buddy Club RSDs. You can help your preload by adjusting the collar or by adding a helper spring. Stiffer springs will help, but only if your coilovers are valved for them. For instance, a koni yellow is valved to ~500lb/in where a koni race is valved to 1000lb/in and Tockico illuminas are valved to ~350in/lb. if you get a stiffer spring, you may blow the shock. I personally prefer using eibach springs, after 4 years of track time on them, they held their advertised spring rate. I was quite impressed, and these springs had damage on them. I believe you can purchase springs through tunersports, shoot them an email at support@tunersports.com or i know Ground Control carries springs for Eibach. If you are married to SWIFT springs, give Raceline USA in Temple City a call.
Thanks for the great info! Im not particularly married to swift springs i just always see the word swift when people talk about springs. So basically theres nothing i can do to stiffen them up but to upgrade i guess?