Dash Lights Not Working

97IntegraGS

The lights in my dash and behind my climate control are not working when my headlights/driver lights are on. When my lights are off the lights in the dash and behind the climate control are on. The other night some smoke came out from behind the dimmer knob for the dash lights so I took it out and it didn't look like any wires or the unit itself shorted? No bulbs or fuses are blown, I checked. Somebody help please :shock:

seahtech

This doesnt make any sense because when the combo switch is in the off position the circuit for those bulbs is not complete and they shouldnt be on...

The dimmer knob is essentially just a voltage regulator (this isnt exactly how it works but easiest way to convey) and doesnt effect on/off properties of the lights. Just took a quick peak at the Schematic for this circuit and if your truely have lights on with the combo switch in the off position (not parking light or headlight setting) then either your combo switch has failed or your ICU (integrated control unit located in the under-dash fuse box) has failed.

Go get a combo switch from junkyard and try it out. cheapest and easiest test for you

jdmtegg

Have you checked the relay ..?

I kinda had same problem but both in dash and head lights wld not work , have you check if all fuses are correct..?

Also what i did try unscrewing the switch from steering column and un hooked it and hooked it back on and screwed it on tight

97IntegraGS

I bought a new dimmer knob from the junk yard, replaced it and everything worked. For some reason my clock now works with the 7.5 amp fuse in and my radio doesn't stay on with the fuse in. Everything is working fine now.