Dash lights won't work

MurderousPandas

I have checked the wiring, the knob, power, all that, and my dash lights do not work. Replaced the knob, replaced the lights, and replaced the fuse. Anyone know what could cause this to happen? I don't think the LEDs have polarity. And yes, i have checked the forums and internet, if you're going to be a stuck up asshole i suggest you just leave.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
leds do have polarity. also, did you check the fuses under the hood?

Sent from my Glade Air Freshener using Tapatalk.

MurderousPandas

How would i check the polarity of 194 LEDs? That's probably the issue, couldn't identify the polarity as both sides look similar, most LEDs i worked with were in gaming consoles in which one side had a longer lead and flat side. Fuses under the hood are good too, checked those plenty of times to reset my ECU for unrelated problems.

MurderousPandas

Tried all possible combos, is it possible that a dash could go bad? It performs fine, it's just that at night it will be slightly difficult to watch speed, something that's already tough to do with a speedy car. Might just be stuck with no dash lights.

EyeKhan

¡AY, CARAMBA!
LEDs has polarity. Do you still have your incandescent 194 bulbs that came with the car? Try using it to see if it lights up.

PandaManDC2

I just got my teg and Im having the same problem with my gauge lights. Just the gauges not all the cluster lights. Checked the fuses n everything as well and nothing... A volt meter was my next step.

MurderousPandas

Why is it always a panda with issues? My stock 194s didn't light up, they used to but not anymore, reason why i'm here. Next step will be the volt meter then.

PandaManDC2

Its a hard life for a panda. I checked it out with a volt meter and no power is going to them, i pulled a bulb that was stil working and checked that one and of course power was fine. Its odd that its just the 3 gauge lights that are getting no power..

uhhkilleez

If the leds don't work try flipping it around since they're polarized but most aren't labeled. Also if you bend those two little wires slightly away from the base of the bulb and out to the sides a little, it helps make a better connection.

Check the fuse box in both doors and under the hood too.

You might need a new multiplexor, my accord has the same problem and I've been told to replace the multiplexor.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

MurderousPandas

Well, no power is going to them, i have an idea though. I plan to take some super bright blue 5mm LEDs(from Radioshack, they get damn bright too), diffuse them(spreads light more than direct it), stick them where the 194s should be, wire them to a switch and 2 AA batteries(3V). Should work just as well, they take a while to die out just like any other LED too, just need to get batteries once a month i guess. The cluster where the 194s get inserted had no power, tried spreading the leads but got nothing. My fix is cheap, all you have to do is know how to build a simple parallel circuit(or series, but LEDs tend to loose brightness the further away they are) and have a drill to put the switch somewhere. I think the fact that i used to mod game consoles is showing.

PandaManDC2

Yeah i was either planning on doing the same thing and run led's to their own switch and just have to turn them on independantly OR possibly switching out the whole cluster to see if that fixes the problem.