DB/Integra shuts off when at a stop

Sammich

Now when I originally looked up this problem, I only had it when i'd come to a stop. But now, more often, when I press in the clutch pedal..the car idles down to where it shuts off. Has anyone else had this problem? It doesn't do it so much when i press the brake pedal anymore.

Now note, since researching this problem, I've bled my cooling system seeing as that could be a cause for the issue and I also found out that idling up the car while the IACV is unplugged to 750 i think it was, would help. That idling up while the IACV was unplugged seemed to help immensely, until the last week or so. Anyone have any ideas? BTW the transmission is cable and not hydro, incase anyone may have thought i swapped to hydro transmission.

It also has a light weight flywheel, IF that has anything to do w/ the issues, which i highly doubt

Thanks in advance

jbrown97ls

I was going to say to make sure I iacv is unplugged while setting the idle but you already covered it. That's all i got right now. Have you cleaned the iacv?

Sammich

yea i cleaned it numerous times :(...i'd do seafoam, but i've heard of eliminating 'gunk' or w/e that could eventually cause oil burning

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
It causes oil burning because the misc seals are already bad, but don't leak because of the build-up of gunk on them. Once the gunk is gone, the seals will leak.

You could always tighten the throttle cable to force a high idle.

Sammich

It causes oil burning because the misc seals are already bad, but don't leak because of the build-up of gunk on them. Once the gunk is gone, the seals will leak.
if you read what i typed, that's what i said

You could always tighten the throttle cable to force a high idle.
guess i could do that..but wouldnt that mask the problem?

Sammich

swapped out the dizzy yesterday w/ a new one from advanced (warrantied out again) ...drove it all last night and today to work...hasnt shut off yet...i'm guessing it was the ICM in teh dizzy...either way it's not shutting off at a stop anymore. just an FYI for anyone who may run across this problem and has gone through the procedures i have w/ failed attempts to solve the issue

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
Is your powersteering hoses loose? If they shake around at a stop it could cause load on your engine and dropping your idle to a stall.

I'm not sure why the Iacv cannot compensate enough for it though.