Department of Transportation Compliant Tail lights?

dudeskee1325

I'm looking to upgrade my tail lights, but I want to make sure that whatever lights I get are DoT compliant. SO how many light holes do I need to align with that? I know there's 3 bulbs in the OEM tail lights, but I'm a little confused because I'm seeing some that have 4 bulb holes...?

R13

The other asshole
They're legal but they're the definition of rice :lol:

Plus the lenses on aftermarket tails like that oxidize and turn yellow after about a year or maybe less, Not to mention the hate you'll receive on them.

I'd say stay with oem, There's several different style of oem tail light lenses if you don't like your current ones, That way they'll last and you won't have to deal with haters.

dudeskee1325

Well, I have the power to not give a shit when it comes to haters. However, I do like when things last a long time, where can I find different OEM style tail lights?

R13

The other asshole
Ebay, Craigslist, Forums such as this one and honda tech.

There's the 94-97 tails, The 98-01 all red tails, Jdm tails, Ukdm tails and possibly more but those are the only ones I'm aware of.

dudeskee1325

I saw some that I think were the 94-97 tails, with a white like up top and red on the bottom? Whatever kind those are, I think they're the ones for me! I hate the all reds, uuuuugaly! But the jdm and ukdm ones are still street legal for America right?

94RS

No fucks given.
99-00 Civic taillights? BB7 Prelude taillights? They look stupid as hell on Integras.

Unless you're talking about 90-91's.. :what:

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
^^^^You must have that pic in a saved file :lol:
I remember you posting that when I was a noob, wait...im still a noob :oops:

I saw some that I think were the 94-97 tails, with a white like up top and red on the bottom? Whatever kind those are, I think they're the ones for me! I hate the all reds, uuuuugaly! But the jdm and ukdm ones are still street legal for America right?
anything that isn't all clear. The red/clear are 90-91, but they fit all 90-93 model yrs. Nothing for our DCs except what 94rs posted. UKDM has a clear signal section, but if you use amber or red bulbs, your legal in America.

94-97 tails are identical to jdm tails. Look at the pic above and you can see a slight difference. no one will ever know the difference, unless theyre mad JDM yo!!

EDIT, this guy just picked up some UKDM tails
http://www.clubintegra.com/board/showthread.php?t=92207

R13

The other asshole
Ah, I don't think there is a set of tails like that for the 3rd gens like you have, Those are for the 2nd gen tegs. :(