disconnect a plug, and car will run the same..

mario_da9

Tex - Mex
So recently i did a head gasket to my car. When i started i got a check engine light on, still havent checked it. I had already replaced the spark plugs with NGK Iridium. Car would run but had a slight back fire and seemed a little bit wrong. I tried to set the time on the dizzy. Today i bought new NGK spark plug wires, distributor cap and rotor, same thing.

My problem is that yesterday after i let the car run for a hr or so to let it smoke out and tried to run it home, it had no power at all and did some back firing.

I could take out spark wire 1 or 4 and the engine would stay running the same, 2 or 3 engine will bog down. its not the plugs, changed them around, and wires have spark, well 4 has lesser spark, but has spark. The plugs on 1 and 4 are wet from the gas that it is well, not burning.lol

Would someone say that this problem be the distributor? I am getting one(used) tomorrow for it and hopefully that fixes it. I will run for CEL codes tomorrow at work, and hopefully i get a 8.lol

vics93integra

im not a nub....
As crazy as it sounds I somewhat had the same problem but after I threw a new amp wire from.bat to the amp. I moved the map sensor hardness area after moving it around again it stop doing it... I have a 93 integra b20b swap

mario_da9

Tex - Mex
I guess I'll have to double check every connection. Even tho my pcv valve is broke and missing lines vacuum lines that connect to the breather by the oil filter.lol

mario_da9

Tex - Mex
ha. So as crazy and stupid i may sound, The code is a 6, temp, i have an aftermarket temp gauge that came on the car when i got it. Now how do i delete the code to take off the CEL. Or should i just put the original temp back on to the dash.

Any ways, my problem is my intake came was off time, then i must of broke my distributor when i put it back together. When i set the time right, the car wouldnt start right anymore. i took the dizzy off and, oh hey its broke. nice(not).

Will be getting a used one soon as i seen they are 300 on the internet on Advance auto.

Prozon

Kris
You don't need to buy a new distributor. Find another Honda distributor, junkyard, craigslist, friend, whatever.. and take the gear off. Same thing happened with my Integra, I took one from a '92 accord distributor. Just make sure you put it on the correct way. They don't sell the gear separately, but you might be able to find them on eBay or something.

As for the misfire, it sounds like one of your cams are one tooth off on the timing. That's exactly what it does when you're off a little bit on the timing. Misfire.. run a little funky.. gutless as CRAP. Either that, or you mixed up your plug wires.

That would be my guess anyways.