Do flip out dvd units look stupid in tegs?

Integraboy04

Integrasarebest had his heart set on getting this 989.00 pioneer dvd,tv thing at best buy.so we go there and they tell us it'll take 2 hours to install so we go to circuit city and a guy there has a g3teg and he said that he bought one and sold it because it looked stupid because he could'nt see it while driving because it could'nt go out all the way because the heat unit blocks it. damn honda!!!!! so is it true does anybody have one and has encountered this problem. c'mon people we need answers!

Integraboy04

no it's supposed to have an image or illumintation of some kind for choosing your cds and music as your driving. i know that the dvd's and video will only work when its parked so thats fine but hes saying that to simply choose tracks and adjust volume using the touch screen is a problem. thanks for the quick response though. what im saying is that the ac unit blocks the screen from getting the right angle it needs to be visible to the driver.

Spectacula Acura

It Depends on what screen you are using i have an old eclipse and i had no clearance issue, then i up graded to a fully motorized unit and i have clearance issues. Ill do my best to take a pic and post it so you can see for your self.
Peace AB 8)

Type Rally

The heater controls do get in the way. even with my tilt feature on the alpine ivac-d300 its not even close to optimum view for the front passengers. Its best few from the rear seats. I can still see everything but you have to kind of tilt your head at a wierd angle. I have the shot of my deck in the submit your ride forum if u want to see what it looks like

IntegrasAreBest

Honda / Acura Fanatic
yeah thats what i meant thats for saying that typerally thats what the guy at circuit city said would happen if i got it. the in dash flip dvd player has clearance issues with g3tegs with the ac unit. no biggie i bought 1,300 worth of parts today. headers, intake, exhaust. oh and some iridium spark plugs. hopefully i should have it all installed saturday.

IntegrasAreBest

Honda / Acura Fanatic
so typerally how does yours look when your driving. is it all dark and hard to see because its titled at an angle that you cant see?

Autotech510

i have a 3rdgen integra and ive thought about getting one of them touch screen in dash dvd players, but the problem is the a/c unit which get in the way of the screen making it really inconvient of the front driver and passenger to see. so i decided on going with a serperate unit such as a seperate 7' screen and a seperate dvd player unit. what i did was remove the whole cigarette tray assembly and cut moldings that were in the way until it was possible to fit the screen perfectly in thet spot where the the ash tray and cigarette use to be. it might sound a little extreme, but if you know how to customize it yourself to make it fit properly i'tll pay off at the end. note this is only for a seperate dvd player and screen, im not sure if they have touch screen for individual screens but to answer your question i suggest not to get the indash or any screen that is going to be blocked by the a/c controls. the best fit ive known so far with a screen in an integra, would be the idea i just explained. i definently will post some pics when i can.

01cleatus

Bro thats alot of money that could go in the engine.....My buddy had one in his teg and it honestly didnt look that great from the passenger's seat. He got rid of it, not too long after cause he realized he never really used it. He didnt take enough long trips where it was utilized. I think the idea itself is cool, but personally bro save your money man.

Autotech510

01cleatus said:
Bro thats alot of money that could go in the engine.....My buddy had one in his teg and it honestly didnt look that great from the passenger's seat. He got rid of it, not too long after cause he realized he never really used it. He didnt take enough long trips where it was utilized. I think the idea itself is cool, but personally bro save your money man.
i agree totally. i rarely use my dvd now adays. its a funn thing to have but hey, things do get old. now i d/l music videos from the net and burn them on cd and watch music vidoes while i drive. (partial watching, but mainly listening) -dangerous for unskilled drivers.