Do I need an AEM fuel rail?

Acrite3404

ok this is my question and i did search 10 pages and didnt get an exact answer. the question is will i benefit from adding a AEM fuel rail to my setup or will it be a waste of time and money

B18a head
AEM TRU time cam gears
Mild p&p
3 agle valve job
crower 404's
Crower valve springs/retainers
Rc 310cc injectors
B&M Fpr
walbro 255lph Fuel pump
b18a block
ITR oil/water pump
.25 over Ctr pistons
Acl bearings
new oem crankshaft
Ls rods
B16 j1 tranny
XTD stage III clutch(very under-rated)
dyno tuned wit a vafc
Dc header wit a 2.25 collector
maxbore matchport Im
max bore 65mm throttle body
dyno tuned wit a vafc

steelies_ftw

only if ur upping the fuel pressure higher then stock, otherwise a stock fuel rail will do just fine, but it looks like ur uppin the fuel pressure with ur 310cc's and that fuel pump

Acrite3404

well my car is at the shop now and will be dyno tuned monday but b4 the head was installed it was at 40psi. so i didnt ask my mechanic if he will go any higher on the fuel pressure. but i will ask.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Waste of time and money on an all motor car. You need to up the fuel pressure WAY higher than stock to need one. Stock fuel rails are fine for even low boost Turbos/SC's.

I can't believe you did that much searching and didn't find a thread where I said that, cuz I've said it about 50 times now. :???:

Jmoney187

LivinLow
Acrite3404 said:
ok this is my question and i did search 10 pages and didnt get an exact answer. the question is will i benefit from adding a AEM fuel rail to my setup or will it be a waste of time and money

B18a head
AEM TRU time cam gears
Mild p&p
3 agle valve job
crower 404's
Crower valve springs/retainers
Rc 310cc injectors
B&M Fpr
walbro 255lph Fuel pump
b18a block
ITR oil/water pump
.25 over Ctr pistons
Acl bearings
new oem crankshaft
Ls rods
B16 j1 tranny
XTD stage III clutch(very under-rated)
dyno tuned wit a vafc
Dc header wit a 2.25 collector
maxbore matchport Im
max bore 65mm throttle body
dyno tuned wit a vafc
Holy fucking shit.. i found another person building the b18b.. WOOT.. dude you gotta post some pics and dyno #'s asap!!!
My set-up will be identical except for ls tranny (untill it dies), 2" header, and stg1 clutch.. GOOD FUCKIN LUCK