Drevans_satx's (Dylan's) s2000

drevans_satx

Dylan
Thanks man!

I think that the sub enclosure is probably the best option for any car. I just worry about puncturing it sometimes, but oh well.

jbrown97ls

Sad to see the itr go but at least it sounds like the new owner will treat it as well as you did. S2k looks good!

drevans_satx

Dylan
Thanks guys! Updates are slow to come along. I'm not exactly wealthy and there really isn't much to improve on the S, but I can say this.

The next big change will be a FI one.

drevans_satx

Dylan
Well yesterday these came in :D They aren't the best out there, but the deal was too good to pass up!
Can't wait to get these on.

jbrown97ls

Make it look like this so I can live vicariously through you. FI eh? Did you but Rachel's husband, Gabes, old turbo? Lol

drevans_satx

Dylan
Lol I wish I could! And no I haven't started collecting parts for the FI portion yet and I think that turbo is a little bit too large for my power goals haha.

drevans_satx

Dylan
I got bored today and to kill some time I decided to clean up the coils. They were pretty dirty, but overall no nasty stuff like rust. Just dirt and dust. I love how easy it is to semi tear down a coilover. About 20 minutes per coil to disassemble, clean and re-assemble, then preload.

Start:

Torn down:

All clean!

drevans_satx

Dylan
Update: A few days ago my clutch began to slip...So now I'm about to order a CC stage 2 kit from a vendor on s2ki and swap it in. I figured to turbo I'd have to swap the clutch anyway so I might as well get something upgraded.

It's an entire kit: Clutch, PP, Flywheel, both bearings,Alighnment tool, and ARP FW bolts.

I also have to pick up a few 'one time use' tools from harbor freight. Most noteworty is a 4 ft extension bar to reach the top transmission bolt. It's gonna be a fun install.

I plan on building VERY tall ramps to get the car at least 4 ft off the ground. I got pretty baller carpentry and welding skills, but I have a TON on 4x4 and 2x4 laying around. It sounds silly to roll a car up and support it on wood, but with enough bracing it'll support it just fine. Hell my flatbed trailer used 2x8x16's and they were only braced in 3 spots and we put the tractor on it.

R13

The other asshole
Nice, Just be safe man, Wouldn't want you getting hurt or damaging that sexy car.

drevans_satx

Dylan
Well today I ordered my clutch kit from THMotorsports. They are a vendor on S2KI and they have great prices with price matching.

I PM'd him questions regarding this setup and he replied every time within 10 minutes. That's pretty good in my book.

Anyways $599 for Competition STG2 clutch kit + ARP FW Bolts + Competition Ultralight flywheel. I look forward to driving the car with a brand new clutch and a light flywheel. I've never driven a car with a new clutch aside from my pickup.

lsvtec1243

Very nice. I want a s2k but insurance rates are still outrageous for me. I figure i'll try again when I turn 25.

drevans_satx

Dylan
The S2000 is cheaper to insure than my ITR was, but about twice what my gsr was.

Anways after way too long driving the truck I got my car back on the road. All I can say it WOW!!! It feels like a completely different car. From what I can tell the clutch was original and after 107k miles it didn't look so good and all the grease was pretty much gone. Now everything is so smooth. I can barely tap the shifter and go from 3rd to 4th. No pictures of the old clutch or the swap process because it's been cold here.

On a side note, I never want to do another s2000 clutch ever again. That was such a pain in the ass!