Easy Power

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
I don't see how he could hit 170 hp with bolt ons in an ls. Lol. Maybe crank hp, but who measures hp from the crank anymore?

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
More than horsepower, you should focus on learning to be fast on the track. I could drive your car and probably be over a half second faster than you all day because I'm pretty familiar with drag racing and very familiar with low horsepower launching. Where is your nearest track?
Circuit racing is a bit pricey, but autocross/solo II is a more cost effective way to learn how to control your car and also compete with a group of other drivers.
Going to a track and being able to go as fast as your car/skill will allow is even more amazing than you think. A few of us here circuit race, so we have videos in our profile. There's myself, samurai_blue, zawn, jdmxdb8 and a couple more

The Kev

Vtec? I have V-TAK! Son..
Just get the basic bolt on's; intake, headers, exhaust...try modifying your suspension first, power is the easy part...suspension can take awhile to get right...
As for samurai blue's post about "DRIVER MOD", joking aside, He is right...Build up your skills. what is your skill level? How long have you had your driver's license? Have you taken your ride to its full potential?
Good rule of thumb..."The more modifications you do to your car, The more skill that is required to control your car."

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
yeah i want to see the dyno and spec sheet on this claim.

My old Ls powered hatch I had full bolt one with a good tune and had 162 to the front wheels. Pretty good with just bolt ons.
Thinking 250 isnt a lot on this car and also saying you want good power from little s***... you are incredibly uninformed and need to do some heavy reading. First maybe some power to weight ratio 101. Next wiki 'internal combustion engine'. Follow up with identifying each part of your engine and its purpose, in entirety. Otherwise ihe and drive away with little power spending little s*** and call it a day.

[chuckle] you guys and your driver mod for commuter cars... :mrgreen:

drevans_satx

Dylan
Id drive an LS if I could get 170 whp :D

Is it really true that 250whp is 11second territory??? I've never taken my car to a drag strip, because I'm a pansy. I also can't launch....oh and the purpose build drag cars would poop on me all day long.

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Should be around 280ish on a good track, lower altitude, slicks, depending on weight reduction. I should be able to hit a low 12 at the very least by the end of the day. You let me drive your car for an event at your local track and I will fly my happy ass out there and see what I can do. I can even find a set of slicks on Welds to use. If I won money, I would even split it with you

drevans_satx

Dylan
Should be around 280ish on a good track, lower altitude, slicks, depending on weight reduction. I should be able to hit a low 12 at the very least by the end of the day. You let me drive your car for an event at your local track and I will fly my happy ass out there and see what I can do. I can even find a set of slicks on Welds to use. If I won money, I would even split it with you
Fly down to S.A. for a week lol. You can drive the piss outta my car. As of right now I sit at 183 whp, but I have a set of cams sitting on my nightstand for when I can get it re-tuned.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Id drive an LS if I could get 170 whp :D

Is it really true that 250whp is 11second territory??? I've never taken my car to a drag strip, because I'm a pansy. I also can't launch....oh and the purpose build drag cars would poop on me all day long.
250 on a crx or civic 11 easy. On a teg not likely. About 280 like stated with a really good 60' will do it.

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
250 without doing too much? Nitrous.
Remember to take lots of video.
Hehehehe. Make sure there is a reaction camera too
250 on a crx or civic 11 easy. On a teg not likely. About 280 like stated with a really good 60' will do it.
Infineon has a great track, typically warm but breezy temperature, and and amazing surface. Ej1 with about 280ish broke 11s. But Vince is a good driver with experience. Lol
Fly down to S.A. for a week lol. You can drive the piss outta my car. As of right now I sit at 183 whp, but I have a set of cams sitting on my nightstand for when I can get it re-tuned.
Where is sa?! Haha. I'm down