eBay projectors.. True projector housings?

BellyUpFish

Hey guys-

Thinking about upgrading the headlights on my Integra.

I'm wondering if someone could recommend a projector unit they've picked up on eBay that is a true projector housing with cutoff shield.

I plan on putting an DDM Tuning HID setup into it, but don't want non-projector housings.

Anyone?

bkirshr

User that is Registered
eBay projectors are crap..I had a set for a while and I've regretted selling my OEM lights ever since. the cut-off is horrible. If you really want a nice cut-off, do a retrofit. They look SO good. But I'd suggest just keeping your OEM projectors and just putting the HID's in them because retrofits are a few hundred dollars

BellyUpFish

eBay projectors are crap..I had a set for a while and I've regretted selling my OEM lights ever since. the cut-off is horrible. If you really want a nice cut-off, do a retrofit. They look SO good. But I'd suggest just keeping your OEM projectors and just putting the HID's in them because retrofits are a few hundred dollars
That's a bummer that they're no good.. Oh well..

How do the stock projectors handle HID's? Doesn't that scatter light everywhere? I'd think you'd get bright lighted all over the place.

I designed a retrofit kit for my Trans Am using the Hella projectors and it rocks. I'd just like to get the same light out of the Integra.

BellyUpFish

I'd love to see it. I've thought about throwing some HID's in the high's because I won't be hitting oncoming traffic anyway, but in the lows, I'm skeptical.

I guess it's an obvious improvement, I just don't want to be that obnoxious kid with HID's blinding everyone.

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
Few hundred dollors on retro? I've spent 185 just in bulbs. Haha If you little about retos already, I'd suggest either doing a retro like tsx or fxr(can be bought around 150) and than throw pnp kit in it. Or just do a lens swap for 45. There's many choices. Ill show you pics of my before/after pics of my lights. Its all really about what kelvins bulb and aiming headlights correctly. But integra projectors are 12yrs old so they do suck. Haha

TheCrimsonStar

I'd love to see it. I've thought about throwing some HID's in the high's because I won't be hitting oncoming traffic anyway, but in the lows, I'm skeptical.

I guess it's an obvious improvement, I just don't want to be that obnoxious kid with HID's blinding everyone.
I have 6000k 55w lows and highs in stock headlamps. They look great.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

MyDC2isSlow

THPTHPTHPTHP ..Helicopter
Doesnt scatter at all. The factory headlights def look better than the ebay projectors as well

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
I dont think you have a basic understanding of what is different about projectors. Whats a true projector? Your integra has a projector already, nothing true or false about it. Ebay projectors are also projectors and of varying quality, some comparable to oem and the rest worse. A hid projector is designed for the type of bulb it uses.

Sounds like you have experience doing a retrofit already. Why not just do that?

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
Thing with hids and stock projectors is yes they look good(great would be a retro) to the driver BUT they blind on comming drivers. Just do it right, sense you have experence already. Integra headlights are way easy to swap in a new projector.

BellyUpFish

I dont think you have a basic understanding of what is different about projectors. Whats a true projector? Your integra has a projector already, nothing true or false about it. Ebay projectors are also projectors and of varying quality, some comparable to oem and the rest worse. A hid projector is designed for the type of bulb it uses.

Sounds like you have experience doing a retrofit already. Why not just do that?
There are lots of kits sold on eBay that claim to be projectors that are not. These sellers prey on victims who read words only and don't understand what a projector is. I have a grasp of projectors.

I designed and sell these for Trans Am's, as I don't like HIDs in "non-projector housings" or "non-hid appropriate" projectors. http://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance-detailing/1447908-my-trans-am-hid-install.html

I'm more than willing to do a retrofit. I guess I just need to do some research. The Integra is my commuter car and I don't want to drop a grand into the headlights.

BellyUpFish

Thing with hids and stock projectors is yes they look good(great would be a retro) to the driver BUT they blind on comming drivers. Just do it right, sense you have experence already. Integra headlights are way easy to swap in a new projector.
Do you have a suggestion on what projectors will swap easily?