ECU question plz help!!

Backwoodz Tuner

All right fellas I know this is kinda off topic to this forum but here's my dilemma. My friend swapped in a crate ZC motor in his 88 civic hatch SI . He swapped the intake, dizzy, wiring harness from his old motor to his new ZC. He got all the shit plugged in, well after I showed up and helped em out lol, and well didn't turn over. There's gas gettin to the fuel filter, how we know is my buddy forgot to tighten the lil Banjo bolt on top the filter. He has new plugs and wires , but no spark, not even a weak one. He thought it was his dizzy and had me look at it. I swapped in a new ignition module, coil looked fine, not burnt up or arcing whitish shit behind the metal shield thing, but I still think it might be the culprit. Also in the engine bay fuse box he had a fuse missing, one of the bigger type, like the ones that got the two phillips head screw bolts that hold em down, with a jimmy rigged wiring connecting em togethe.r. Its the outside one like right in the middle of the box going parellel with the car. The little fuse label thing is missing so I don't know what exactly that fuse was for or size or anything . I thought it might be for the ecu or something, or maybe fried the ecu. So I guess my question is , how can you test an ecu without the use of another car. Is there anyway to bench test it or something? Any suggestions would be fuckin awsome, thanks guys

Backwoodz Tuner

Well didn't have time to today to mess with my friends car , lucky me cuz no ones gave posted any light on this subject 4 me. Tomorroiw afternoon I was gonna go fuck with it so help a fellow member out , we all need a lil direction in life! Lol

Backwoodz Tuner

Well got the lil fucker runnin. I ended up throwin my B18A1 distributor on , and to my luck it started up. No check engine light. But Its jus really gut less in the lower RPM's . I cleaned the iac valve, but still no real difference. I figured it might be jus bad fuel or clogged fuel filter. So any suggestions?

Mister_Perkins

Oil Field Worker
your vacuum lines hooked up right? I had a low rpm problem with my b18c1. the one line running to my egr popped off. could also be your timing belt needing replaced? Have you replaced your timing belt since you've owned your ride? I had to replace mine because i noticed it bogged when I was in low rpms, i pulled my valve cover off and noticed my timing belt is really loose and almost ready to snap off .It was making my intake camshaft turn late. I dunno. just a suggestion from what problems I've had so far