Electrical Confusion

dlo253

So, within the past week I have been blowing fuses. First, my radio (power switched) one in the fuse box, next my foglights quit working, havent checked a fuse yet as it is not too big a deal to me ATM. Then yesterday, my domelight fuse blew. I just replaced my ICU less than 2 months ago..... And now, when I have the dome light switch in the middle position everything is fine. But if I turn it on or off, the clock goes out. Along with the rear defrost and INT wipers not working. As I said, its all good when the domelight switch is in the middle, So thats where its stayin! lol, But Id like to fix this..It randomly started....It sounds like the ICU again, except the domelight does work when in the middle position. If the ICU was bad, it shouldnt IIRC. So can anybody suggest anything to check out that I may be overlooking? Its rather frustrating lol.

Last edited:

dlo253

Yeah, the power for that goes straight from my battery to my trunk. Don't know how that would cause these issues, especially just out of nowhere. Haven't changed anything lol

Last edited:

cameron91

If you don't have a fuse in your power supply then it could be periodically touching something and blowing fuses. Pretty big shot in the dark but gotta start somewhere.

cameron91

It really sounds like some of the wires under your dash are touching though and shorting the wire connecting to your dome light.

dlo253

Yeah, that's about the only logical thing I can come up with. Looks like the center console will be coming out again in the near future haha..
And since this thread pertains to electrical stuff....Does anybody know much about Alpine alarm systems? Lol.

dlo253

Oh, one more thing... Not every time, but sometimes. My door ajar light will stay on when the doors are shut. Sometimes fully lit, sometimes dim. Sometimes it will stay on, sometimes it will randomly go off.