Electronic seat belt help!

1991TeGgY Ls

seat belt help!

ok i have a problem with my electric seatbelt ....when i close my door it goes down but when i open it back up it doenst go back up so now everytime i get into my car i have to fucking sit there for like 2 minutes pushing it back up its really getting on my nerves i checked the fuses and i dont see nething to disconnect the seatbelt if neone has or had this problem please tell me a solution because im about to rip the piece of shit off :lol:

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I hate friggin power seatbelts with a passion, clacking away next to your damn ear every time you start the car or open the door. I had a 1990 Civic with them, whacked my head on the little bastard a few times. You unfortunatley can't mess with anything electrical with the seatbelt system or the car throws a fit, believe me I tried in my Civic. The only thing preventing me from bashing it out the car with my sledgehammer was that it then wouldn't pass inspection.
Why do you have to push it back up? Is it the law to wear a seatbelt where you live?

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Do you need a new one? Theres is a fuse you can pop, or you could find somebody selling canadian seat
belts. You would also need the pillar cover.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
In New Hampshire, only kids 12 and under need to wear one. Live free or die.

1991TeGgY Ls

no i dont need a new one i need to disconnect it but i dont know where the fuse is...i checked the box couldnt seem to find it...if i pop the fuse then ill be good cause then it wont move nemore and everytime i go out i wont have to push it back

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
There is a fuse box next to your shock tower on the passenger side. Fuse could be in there if you didnt see it under the dash.

1991TeGgY Ls

o yeeeea i know where that is but im scared to start fucking around with it i dunno ill go check in a little while....thanks 8)

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
take it to the dealership

they are required by law to fix seatbelts for free. they have an unlimited warranty on them. call up your nearest dealership and ask them about it. they should tell you that it will be free, if they tell you that you have to pay, they are lying

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
Eviloliv3 said:
they are required by law to fix seatbelts for free. they have an unlimited warranty on them. call up your nearest dealership and ask them about it. they should tell you that it will be free, if they tell you that you have to pay, they are lying
they will try to get you on some shit like "its been abused" or "accident"

i went through similar bullshit with my old 91 civic lx 4 door which has similar seatbelts to 90-91 integras.

Both Concord Honda, and Hopkins Honda of fairfield were full of shit on it.

Edit: And new hampshire is the ONLY STATE IN THE UNION that does not have seatbelt laws for everyone

speaking of which ... what made you go to NH i thought you were movin to AZ