Engine running rough after 3,000 RPMs

Christian

My engine seems to be running rough when i put my foot down in 3rd to fifth gear, and im not sure why. It almost feels like the engine is misfiring. But it only does it when im actually driving. When im in neutral and i rev it up, it doesn't have a misfire feel to it. It's kind of difficult to explain, but it feels like the engine is not running to its full potential.

Theasian

Misfire under load is normally worn out spark plugs like Ganyon said when was the last time a tune up was performed

Christian

The spark plugs were replaced only a few months ago, so i don't think it's that. I've been told by a few people that a bad distributor cap and rotor can be a cause of this. And what do you mean by a tune-up?

Christian

replaced the distributor cap and rotor, didn't help it. Anyone got some ideas of what it could be? Plugs and wires bad maybe? I'm lost.

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
Something is telling me to check your timing and to readjust the valves, timing most likely explains the "misfire". It really doesn't make sense to me for it to run rough when in gear but fine in neutral. Any other problems? Check engine light? If you got water in your gas lines, I feel like that could potentially cause something like this as well. Did you by chance go to a station that isn't used often? Just throwing out ideas, hope you fix it!
- Aaron

Christian

Nope, no check engine light or creepy old gas stations. I actually checked my valves a few months ago because they would sometimes make a sort of rattling noise and they were all fine and in adjustment, then i started running premium through my car and the rattling stopped. So i don't think its the timing. That's why im so baffled, like if it's not the distributor and rotor or plugs and wires, i don't know what the hell it could be.

OneFastGSR

Pull your spark plugs for that answer, If you have a spark plug that's really white maybe an injector is clogged. Have you tried resetting your ecu?