Engine swap help

derekkh

Hey guys. Looking for a little help on an upcoming engine swap. Need to swap out my blocks and I want it to take less than a full day. That and I don't have a cherry picker. Can anyone help out so I can learn how to do it without it taking all day?

lsvhatch

Miss my car!!!!
Use a jack and drop it through the bottom. I've done many that way and that's how I pulled my motor this last time and did it myself. Put the car up on jack stands unhook all your wiring/axles and start lowering it down.

derekkh

Ya. Sounds like a plan. Only thing I really need help with is unbolting the tranny and such. The head I've done but never the block. And pnce the new block goes in I'm taking the head in to get resurfaced.

Just looking for a walkin and talking how to so I can fly through the removal and install.

lsvhatch

Miss my car!!!!
Yea it would be easiest to pull the head first and drop the block and trans as one

jbrown97ls

Just set your ebrake and put a brick or something behind the rear wheels. You said the head is off, which is nice because otherwise you have to jack it up really high. I had to use a cut 4x4 wood block because my jack wouldn't go up enough to clear the IM. I would definitely recommend having a friend or two to help just to help prevent and accident that may happen.

derekkh

Ya. I have help that way. I just need someone in San Diego that can give me a hand switching the blocks. First swap so I've never taken a tranny off a block.

OLDSKOOLACURA

Depending on how people are helping or near by, drop the motor and have someone drag the motor out while the other guys lift the front end up (of course the front has to be on jack stands)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

jbrown97ls

It's really simple. There's a write up on it somewhere. Just google "integra transmission replacement" or something like that. I'm at work on my phone otherwise I'd link it to you.

derekkh

Ok. Sounds good. I will look it up. I'm going to take a leap of faith first and straight edge the block. See if it is warped. Fingers crossed cause I don't really want to pull the engine.