Exhaust Question please help

dc2_renz

Hey everyone, I literally just registered to Club Integra. I have a question. So I want to know if I will lose power if I were to do a mid exhaust setup to have the rear clean look with no muffler? What do you recommend? I do not want to run open headers. I would rather do like a header back exhaust and cut it short right before the axle. Please help with the recommendations thanks guys

R13

The other asshole
I think he wants to dump it like musclecar guys do

2 problems with this though

1. Your car will now forever smell like exhaust and no one is gonna wanna ride in the s***.

2. Your rear bumper has a cutout for the exhaust.

You could do this, but you're gonna have to use a small muffler like a glasspack and that will make your car sound like a big fat pair of floppy ass cheeks flapping from the sheer force of bean farts those burritos from that authentic mexican place in the old part of downtown gave you.

Last edited:

94RS

No fucks given.
I think he wants to dump it like musclecar guys do

2 problems with this though

1. Your car will now forever smell like exhaust and no one is gonna wanna ride in the s***.

2. Your rear bumper has a cutout for the exhaust.

You could do this, but you're gonna have to use a small muffler like a glasspack and that will make your car sound like a big fat pair of floppy ass cheeks flapping from the sheer force of bean farts those burritos from that authentic mexican place in the old part of downtown gave you.

That last part sounds like it's happened to you before...

But yeah, the "clean look" at the rear bumper will never happen because of the bumper cutout.

R13

The other asshole
That last part sounds like it's happened to you before...
That's just the explanation I use to describe straight piped Harley's :lol:

It also applies to hondas with raspy exhausts.

94RS

No fucks given.
That's just the explanation I use to describe straight piped Harley's :lol:

It also applies to hondas with raspy exhausts.

Guess I shouldn't look for the factory XB race exhaust then... :rolf:

R13

The other asshole
I make exceptions for buells.

The flappy asscheeks thing is just because it's usually a fat guy going slow as hell making a shit load of noise on a Harley. :lol:

I imagine you don't have to wind the hell out of a buell to get it moving, and if you did you'd be gone pretty quick instead of just slowly fading off in the distance sounding like fat ass cheeks :rolf:

94RS

No fucks given.
Well.... Ya know, the 103ci (1691cc) in the 800lb cruisers makes roughly the same HP and TQ as the 984cc in my ~400lb sportbike. Which one do you think moves quicker? :rolf:

R13

The other asshole
If a 65hp thumper can move a 250lb chassis like the XR as fucking lightning fast as it does I'm pretty sure a buell can hold its own... :rolf:

R13

The other asshole
So yeah XR speeds.

Fast enough :lol: That mother fuckin' XR would do 0-100 in 6ish seconds :rolf: