Exhaust setup ?

Vote which setup you think sounds best

• replace resonator with new one (leave rest stock)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • replace resonator with straight pipe (leave rest stock)

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • straight pipe from cat plus magnaflow muffler and tip

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • new resonator with a magnaflow muffler and tip

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

jeepers94

93 Integra GS
So the resonator is rusted out on my exhaust and I have a feeling the pipe before it is to so Im planning on using this as a chance for an upgrade. I can get new stainless 2.25 or 2.5 inch pipe for free but just have to pay for everything else. I also want to get this done fairly soon so I cant really wait to hunt down parts and I am on somewhat of a budget, I have about 300 to spend. My question is what would be a good setup? the shops recommend magnaflowbut I have these basic questions.
1.) should i go with the 2.25 or 2.5
2.) straight pipe from cat to muffler or buy a new resonator?
3.) what muffler or stay with the newer stock one I have?

I know i dont want a fart can and Im not really into anything to loud that will attract more police attention. its a dd so the only other engine mod I would do is an aem sri. I know there are a lot of exhaust questions and threads but ive looked and didnt really seem to find an answer.

bradster101

1. 2.25 is good enough if all you plan on doing is a sri
2. I would get a resonator just because it gets rid of that raspy sound
3. It really depends on what you want to sound like... I have 2.25 straight pipe with 18 inch resonator and thats all (can see what it sounds like in my sig) but I ordered a vibrant (the stealth black one) muffler thats suppose to be here Thursday, once I get that i can post a sound clip

but heres a link to the muffler I ordered 112 shipped btw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qiPJG3aIOY

I like it cuz its not loud and it looks somewhat stock

Hope that helps :)

jeepers94

93 Integra GS
1. 2.25 is good enough if all you plan on doing is a sri
2. I would get a resonator just because it gets rid of that raspy sound
3. It really depends on what you want to sound like... I have 2.25 straight pipe with 18 inch resonator and thats all (can see what it sounds like in my sig) but I ordered a vibrant (the stealth black one) muffler thats suppose to be here Thursday, once I get that i can post a sound clip

but heres a link to the muffler I ordered 112 shipped btw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qiPJG3aIOY

I like it cuz its not loud and it looks somewhat stock

Hope that helps :)
that vibrant does sound pretty good. where did you order it from

jeepers94

93 Integra GS
So i got some quotes today and can either get this done over the weekend or sometime at t begiining of next week so feel free to vote and help me choose which would sound best.

1.) keep the newer stock muffler and just change out the busted resonator with a new one. $140
2.) keep the newer stock muffler and just have them put on a straight pipe in place of a resonator. $90
3.) put a straight pipe in place of the resonator and also add a new magnaflow muffler plus a nice tip. $200
4.) replace the busted resonator with a new one and also get a magnaflow muffler with a tip. $250

so feel free to vote for which one you would do. It will most likely be in 2.25 piping