few projects i've been working on lately (BLUE CONTENT AHEAD, lol)

imcnblu

Resident G2 Guru of C-I
as some of you may know, I've been unemployed for a while. In my spare time (which isn't much), I've been working on projects to keep me busy.

Thought I'd show the fruits of my labor :)

this was my engine bay before:

Smurf bukkake LS valve cover, flat black CAI.

this is what I had been working on (off and on) for the last week or so:
OBD-2 LS/ B20 Valve cover (killer deal from my ninja Ricky, aka 8urcivic) *hit him up, he's got more ;)
after it was stripped and I applied a nice coat of Duplicolor Metalcast Ground-Coat

after a few coats of Anodized Blue:

Cold-Air Intake color matched to the valve cover:

SO. What does the finished product look like all installed?
After all the coats of paint (I applied two more coats of blue on the valve cover) and polishing the letters, the valve cover and intake are installed:

I will be putting on the Cold-Air extension tomorrow, it was WAY too cold to be out messing around taking the bumper off etc. It will be in the mid to upper 50's here tomorrow, so I can tolerate that.

I personally think the duplicolor Anodized Blue color creates a shade VERY CLOSE to Captiva Blue Pearl, so anyone interested in doing any of their engine bay components (VC, intakes, strut bars etc.) I'd recommend using this stuff. MAKE SURE TO GET THE GROUND COAT, or else it won't look metallic, and the color would be terrible looking. TRUST ME. It'll take about 5 even coats to get it to be almost a perfect match, but as you can tell, its pretty damn close.

Discuss.

Last edited:

TeggyBear_Ls

90 EF LS/V 95 DC4
that looks awesome! haha! What did you use to polish the letters? Wire wheel?

edit- Thats a SPECTRE air cleaner lol..... I actually have that one. Or had.

imcnblu

Resident G2 Guru of C-I
yeah, it gets by. only reason i picked that one up was the molded velocity stack inside of it. when I'm a little more financially set, I'm getting a K&N Cone filter :) or an Apex'i Power Intake filter. those things are gnarsty. sound vicious.

what i REALLY want, is a BPi Flowstack setup, but i will have to relocate my battery for that. The BASE of the filter is 6" and the filter at its widest point, is almost 8". there is only about 6.5" between the stock battery and the fender. nowhere near enough room for it. I might relocate my battery this spring. If I do, then the flowstack setup will be on its way to my intake. those things sound ridiculous, and perform better than almost all short ram intake setups on the market.

for the letters, i hit them with a sanding block, using various grits. i stepped from 180g, 320g, 600g, 800g, 1000g, 1200g, 1500g, and 2000g. they look smooth as glass and look ridiculously awesome up close :) maybe going as much as I did with the sand paper could be considered "overkill" but, DAMN the results were awesome.

Last edited:

R1DC2

Got Integra?
Looks good and super clean!!! blue NGK Spark Plug wires and Strut bar next !!! Hehe would look sick!

proudtobeawesom

looks good man
im trying to decide on what color to paint my valve cover and intake piping =]

~kevin

8urcivic

ONLY couches pull out!!!!
looks good jake.....paint the mani cover matte black and do a few more accents.....under the hood would be hella fresh!!

and its true...i do have more..im working on one as we speak for a fellow member.

imcnblu

Resident G2 Guru of C-I
i added the cold air extension earlier today. looks alot better now. Will post pics when i get home.

thanks for the compliments everyone, keep em coming

imcnblu

Resident G2 Guru of C-I
put the cold air extension on yesterday, here are some pics.

the last time I had the Cold Air extension off, i noticed that there was a slight nick in the pipe, from where the pipe had made contact with the metal hole. I decided to use a little preventative measures this time (especially with how much time i put into these projects) I had an extra 3" piping coupler that I put around the piping where it was going to be going through the body, so that the rubber coupler (which is about 1/4" thick) would take the impact, as well as keep any unnecessary vibrations down ;)

here's a couple pics of where the pipe went through the body, behind the bumper:

*right up against it, but there won't be any damage done to the pipe this time around.
from underneath:

discuss

patrick4588

Integra God
everything looks great man. good to see some ppl get productive things done in the time off and being unemployed.