few questions from a noob

deaomon

So I bought a 89 rs not to long ago with a supposed d16a1, I had to replace the thermostat due to a overheating issue, when I looked online I was told it was the top hose I was to follow, but I found out the housing was the lower hose, was I told wrong by the previous owner or the internet?

Next, I'm still having over heating issues due to my fans not turning on properly,.the gadgets usually fluctuates between little over 1/2 to 3/4th's depending on red lights, air flow ect now is it common to vapor lock just because of this? I'veW tried clothes pins, and What other things could cause it to vapor lock?

last, after it vapor locked it started having trouble starting, it would crank and I would have to pump the gas, but if I turn it off for less than a few minutes it starts right up, I was told it's a clogged fuel filter, is that right?

Sorry for all the noob q uestions I'm extremely new to vehicle maintenance, and have No money to take to to a mechanic. Plus I'd like to learn more. (Sorry for typos wrote this on my phone )

enoch723

The G1 integra normally runs a little hot. 1/2 on the gauge is actually fairly normal. 3/4ths in traffic is fairy normal as well. Check the fans next time you have been driving for awhile by stopping somewhere after driving in traffic and turn the heater on all the way and go check the fans. If they turn on then your fine and probably have an air pocket in the cooling system and it needs to be burped.
To burp it, start it while its cool and take the radiator cap off and wait. Should hear a sucking sound. Then add more coolent.