Fixing the splash guard... anyway?

Kamikaze™

Blk Dude™
Here's a picture of my splash guard, I noticed that it was the thing scraping when I hit a speed bump and knew that I wasn't near my headers yet... Anyway to fix this?

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I just bought a new one and put it on about 2 weeks ago. I hadn't had one since my engine rebuild 1 1/2 years ago, it got thrown away. Anyways, maybe your just missing some clips or screws. There are 3 metal screws across the front of it and 5 plastic clips on the sides, see if any are missing. You can order new one for a couple bucks from the dealership.
That splash guard protects your drivebelts from crap hitting them, they're only about 1 foot away from your front driver side wheel and without the splash guard nothing is stopping rocks, sand, water and whatever else from hitting the belts/getting caught in between the belts and pulleys.

Kamikaze™

Blk Dude™
True, I'll get in touch with Honda on Wednesday/Thursday and see if they'll have some, a new one don't seem bad, ride height wouldn't stop me from putting it on would it? Because I think my headers are pretty low too. :D

JimmyRos.

07 BMW 328Xi
i lost my splash guard racing down the boulevard. never saw it again....

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
ill post pics of me ziptiein it back up next time i change the oil

Last edited: