Fixing Window Rattle, 3rd Gen.

ifrancisco0601

My window rattles when its down and I close the doors or go over bumps. Anyone know how much it is to get this fix or is it easy to fix yourself?

.Cortez

94' LS
Me too, myin rattles all the time, when i shut the door, go over bumps, hit pot holes, look at it, etc...

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Mine only rattle when they're part way down, if there all the way up or all the way down there fine.

Good article, looks like an easy fix, but uuhhh, I've been in my doors many times over doing speaker installs/Dynamatting and stuff and I've never seen a piece of rubber laying at the bottom of the door, but I'll look again because I hate that window rattle.

Last edited:

ifrancisco0601

That actually fixed my problem! thanks..What is that rubber piece called? I need to buy one for my driver side because it is all torn up

drizzteg

Thanks a lot!, this goes in my plans for this weekend. I've always wondered what that rattle was, but never really wanted to bother taking it all off

urquizadc4

mee too the first time i closed my door and i heard that horrible rattle i thought i fucking cracked my window. lol

.Cortez

94' LS
Okay so i tried this, glue'd it in and all, but now my window won't go down, it hits the rubber, and pushes the rubber down, or just stops, I feel like the rubber peice is way to thick?

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Okay so i tried this, glue'd it in and all, but now my window won't go down, it hits the rubber, and pushes the rubber down, or just stops, I feel like the rubber peice is way to thick?
Did you get over generous with the glue?

Sean

Actually there is an easier way.
Take you door panel off and on the top of your door on the left and right there are two window adjustments to hold your window in place, you just loosen that nut and move it up towards the window a little and tighten it. Problem solved.

dbryder

i don't have the rattle problem in my door windows, but in both of my cars, the window doesn't quite fit. i gotta take pictures of them because the window is always slightly open and some times my door won't close if the window is rolled up all the way. my boy with a DC2 doesn't have this problem. am i the only one?

Last edited:

PioneerLS

Actually there is an easier way.
Take you door panel off and on the top of your door on the left and right there are two window adjustments to hold your window in place, you just loosen that nut and move it up towards the window a little and tighten it. Problem solved.
Someone please elaborate. I have no rubber so this would be my only solution.