flashing maintenance required light

bigfluffdc2

So I got home the other day and i parked my car to move another car to pull in my drive way when i started my teggy the maintenance required light started flashing then stayed off what does this mean? I didnt know the maintenance required light could flash. Let me know what u think it is thnx.

bjanosz62391

ECM could sense a misfire...not repated but a one time thing....it will flash the maintnence light to tell you to do a tune up...or it could be because you are due for an oil change soon....thats the only reason that light flashes

bigfluffdc2

cool cool thnx it runs great still just didnt know it could flash. So ill do my oil change and how do u reset the light

INtegraaa

there should be a green button under ur dash i think u hold it with the key to start and it should reset it comes on to remind you to do a tune up for those ppl that dont care to do it ever. poor integras

nugget

I Love My Toyota.
turn the key into the on position, look under near the steering wheel (between your pedals and your steering wheel) should be a plastic cover, start touching the lining of it and you should feel or see a blue botton. press and hold it until the light stops flashing and that should solve the maintenance light issue.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Well I just changed my oik and its still on...must be a tune up. How do u reset it?
It is just a reminder. It doesn't actually take readings on oil quality or anything like that. Just follow the instructions laid out by nugget and you will be fine.

The reset button is near where you're right knee sits while driving. Below and to the right of the steering wheel towards the bottom of that panel.

j13

Keep It Clean
I was told the maintenance light comes on after a certin about of milage. When you hit 30k 40k 90k 100k ect ect

Just to worn the person of a little tuneup or a large tune up

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
its just a friendly reminder to change oil and check fluids if you havnt.

to reset
hold button down (located near right knee of driver's side below the dash board)
turn the key to the 'ON' position
hold button till maint req'd light turns off