Foam Cannon

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I'm looking at buying a foam cannon for washing, I've seen some on autogeek for around $100, but not really wanting to spend that much. Anyone have any experience with other ones that are cheaper and how well they work. I have a pressure washer so I was leaning towards one for that; I heard they work better.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I'm not too worried about saving time, things I read said they improve cleaning and lubrication. Guess I'm wondering how true that is.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
It doesn't let you skip the hand cleaning step so I don't get it. If you could blast your car clean and not have to touch it then Id be all for it.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I think it's to get a good amount of suds built up over the car. More so I was wondering if they really foam up the suds like advertised, that is without using some proprietary foaming soap.

jbrown97ls

I'm also at a loss as to what the benefit of a foam cannon is. I usually wash and scrub the front, one side, rear, then the other side one at a time and rinse the soap off with my power washer in-between each section. I doubt a foam cannon will improve how clean the car gets or make it any easier.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Foam cleans, more foam, more lubrication, it's easier on the wax too.

I also concerned that the lack of water will cause the foam to dry up on the paint quicker, washing in the summer is tough enough already, unless I wait till it's dark out.

Last edited: