Fogging/Clouding Fat 6's (92-93 GSR), Fat 5's (94-97 GSR), Blades (98-01 GSR)... fix

DarkDB1

So... I was doing some cleaning in the interior and organizing my trunk, And all day at my class i was taking wheels on and off cars.

Inside my trunk i found my orbital buffer, And got to thinking... My wheels are foggy from my lack of cleaning over the winter... And i happened to have some "blue moon", clear plastic cleaner... and mothers clear plastic polish.

So I made a attempt at taking off my wheels, got the car up on the jack and tried to take off the lug nuts to the front driver side wheel... it wouldnt budge i even stood and bounced on it... so i gave up on taking them off.... ill have to use the impact gun at my school tomorrow...

Anyways, So i put the blue moon cleaner on the wheels and buffed away with towel type bonnet, The mothers polish did nothing btw.

Here's the pictures, I spent about 10 minutes on the driver side and 20 on the passenger side wheel, And used a regular towel to wipe the extra cleaner off.

PS: The corners are a bitch on the fat 6's since it has a indent, Fat 5s and blades would be easyer... and the shine will not stand up against P27RPI(sp?) trick but its a hell of alot easyer. Oh yea and these wheels are atleast 13years old

Driver side before.

After.

Passenger side (fogged/Clouded to the max) Before.

After

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
Cool but if u relly want them to shine you haveto take the clear coat off, sand a little get some blue magic and a buffer and be amazed

DarkDB1

I know... im to lazy to go through all that.

This is mainly just to satisfy me for now, until i get new wheels... these wheels are over 13 years old, not really worth putting in so much time and effort.

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
Man every time I see your car it remind me of my first teg, had a 91 4dr just like yours black and all but auto
what I would give to have it back, never sell it ill haut you for the rest of your life :p

DarkDB1

ROFL!

My first Integra was a all black 1991 Integra GS automatic....

I bought it march 27th 2004... Drove it for a year then upgraded to a manual version of it.

Its nearly the same, difference is that the auto was a 91, had a sunroof, no spoiler, different wheels, different arm rest and had no a/c.

Other then that they both have OEM leather, same colors...

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTE1NzE4NzZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

I dont miss it, i just wonder how its doing now....

DarkDB1

how long ago?...

The automatic DB1 had signs of major front end damage... Although it carried a clear title from california, but it was originally from Alaska, hence the no a/c

chocolate-Teg

where can i find that blue moon cleaner at? that looks good for just putting a cleaner on and wiping it off. i need to do that for my girl's fat 5s.

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
DarkDB1 said:
how long ago?...

The automatic DB1 had signs of major front end damage... Although it carried a clear title from california, but it was originally from Alaska, hence the no a/c
Naa man this was back in 01, in Puerto Rico :)

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
i saw the old one in person and imo the wheels on those were fuckin sick i personally think it looked cleaner than the oen he has now but then again the old one was dumped

DarkDB1

Melt said:
i saw the old one in person and imo the wheels on those were fuckin sick i personally think it looked cleaner than the oen he has now but then again the old one was dumped
This?

They woulda shined like my current one's if i woulda buffed them

Those wheels are called GS swirleys.

You can see from the front license plate, That teg hated speed bumps