Formula 1 Talk

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Not sure how many watched the race this weekend. For myself the highlight was seeing Massa beat out Alonso, also thought Perez did really well!

R13

The other asshole
Those engines lock up after every race, Don't they? I vaguely remember reading somewhere after every race the gearbox is destroyed and the engine locks up. o_O

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Not anymore, Ecclestone made it real strict the last few years on making parts last. This year they basically get 5 engines for the season before they're penalized and transmissions have to last 6 races in a row.

SoundEfx

In the last race I saw, Lewis had a DNF and fell to second in the standings.

Mercedes is still killing it though.

SoundEfx

In terms of consumer Merc's, they are just like the usual BMW and Audi competitor.

But in terms of F1 racing, they were, or still is, in the hunt for being the only manufacturer to win every race ( or something like that) since 19(something).

That is saying something with all the restrictions in place.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Not after Canada, Ricciardo won that.

No team has ever won every race in a season. The closest was McLaren back in 88, I think they won every race but one.

Ferrari still has the most overall wins though, as they should since they've been dong it the longest :D

Last edited:

SoundEfx

Redbull teamed up with Infiniti right?

I think that's the race I saw. Lewis and his team mate were leading the race almost from the start and Lewis had a DNF due to brakes.

But they kept saying something about Mercedes being the first to do something since 19-something. But I guess that race ended what ever it was.