Front right wheel scrapes when turning right

Silver2

DB7 Driver
97 auto trans w. B20B swap.

Sharp right turn and right front wheel makes loud scraping noise, metal on metal. It scraped some before swap but that sounded more like rubber on something.

I've had the tie rods replaced and lower control arms with poly bushings installed. Car was aligned.

Stock meshie and stock tire size.

Sure would like to cure this as it is annoying and right turning radius is reduced.

Thanks.

Nick_C78

Did they square up the tie rods when installed and aligned? Very few places do. My car had more right wheel turn then left wheel. They have to center the rack in order to fix that issue. Or something is bent. Theres no reason one size should rub but not the other.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Have you turned the wheel to full lock and gotten under the car to see where its rubbing?

Silver2

DB7 Driver
Have you turned the wheel to full lock and gotten under the car to see where its rubbing?
Yes, and it looks like the tie rod end was installed upside down so that the bowed part that is there to allow the wheel to avoid hitting the tie rod end is bowed out instead of in.

Correcting that will likely necessitate an expensive alignment, so it will have to wait.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
You cant install them upside down because of the ball joint. So that means its the tie rod for the wrong side of the car.

JordanB21

if you ordered it and the shop did the work then no help there
But if you still have the receipt and they ordered it I would make them correct the mistake.

Silver2

DB7 Driver
I've been looking at tie rod ends and Moog does make a left and a right. How difficult is it to remove a tie rod end? Any special tools needed? Picture attached.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Extremely easy but replacement will require an alignment.
That tie rod is def the wrong side.

Nick_C78

Yeah you can even see where it rubs.... You had a shop do this? I am curious...is the other side the wrong one too? Meaning did they simply just mix them up...dude make the shop do it ALL and pay for realignment

Silver2

DB7 Driver
A roll back owned by a collision shop lost its brakes and hit me in the right front wheel. Bent the lower control arm and I only found out about it this year. The accident was over 2 years ago so statute of limitations has lapsed. But all of the LCA bushings were shot anyway and it only cost me about $100 to have them replaced with good used ones plus urethane bushings. Sad that they got the wrong tie rod end on there and my mech didn't spot it. Alignments on this thing cost a bundle. I'll let it ride for a while and let it scrape. The car is fast for what it is and a ton of fun to drive. The other side is the original tie rod end.