front tranny mount question

!v@n

Well I have another problem with my newly acquired gsr. I was under the car last night and noticed the front tranny mount on the passenger side is just hanging there... the bracket that attaches it to the transmission is missing and the mount itself is just hanging there by the bolts. I tried to get it off but the bolts just spin freely inside the rail. Im gonna have to cut it off but what would be the best way to get the stripped bungs out of the rail and then replace them so i can install a new bracket and tranny mount...

After seeing this and how i have one broken exhaust manifold stud and one that is stripping makes me mad that the guy that had the car didnt bother on buying a torque wrench or at least snugging bolts up instead of wrenching on it like there was no tomorrow.

This also makes me question if the motor in the car is legit or stolen... I knew the motor had been pulled when i saw an aftermarket driver side motor mount and it had no ac lines. I'm gonna call the CHP office tomorrow and have them run the motor serial number... I hope it comes back clean, but I would rather find out no when I can still go after the guy I bought it from then later down the line when I try to give the car to my nephew or sell it to another enthusiast.

I love my dc2 and love wrenching on it but its sad to see retards with no mechanical skills just thrash these great little cars. I have been wanting a dc2 for a long time and finally got it and i hope i can make this car run great and look great soon

Last edited: