Future Plans

Baldy201

How many fo the people here have an LS and are building an N/A engine. If so what do you have in it or plan to do.
As of right now i am building my engine up. I am starting with cams an Fuel. I hope to soom move to the bottom end and trans.

What i got:
Crower 403
B&M FPR
Crower springs
JDM DC header
2.5" cat
2.5" exhaust
HP Racing Muffler
AEM CAI
Apexi SAFC II
AEM Cam Gears

Sugesstions are welcome.
BTW I am spending around 2000 for parts and tuning. I am installing it all my self aka with friends.

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
either get a resonator with that exhaust, or just get a pre-made 2.5 inch exhaust. ive got a Thermal 2.25 in my car, its very nice, quiet below 4k, and loud when it needs to be.

other than that, seems like a decent build.

id venture to guess roughly 150 or so HP and about 135 or so torque.

when you get a tranny, get one with a LSD, it helps tooooooonnnnnssss!!!!!!!!!

also, bore out to 84mm and 10-11.0:1 comp pistons, thats a mean 2 liter

Baldy201

For the exhaust i have 2.5" all the way back with resonator. So i am set exhaust wise. And for the trans i was looking at getting the ITR or CTR trans, so yeah LSD is definatlly in the plans.
I think that boreing out is not really what I want to do. I am just going to do some auto X in the spring and summer and think that if i would want a 2.0 liters i would get a b20 block and put my head on it. Something about boreing scares me.

Eviloliv3 sounds like you have some experiance in this field. What do you have done to your car?

BTW thanks for the responce. Who else is building a N/A motor or atleast partial build.

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
i havent done anything to my car, though i have been doing extensive research on what i will be doing, and about 20 other engine combinations i thought of in the past

i also auto-x my car and i know that torque counts a lot! Check the link in my sig to watch videos of me Auto-xing

it would be better to get a LS and bore it to 2 liters because the LS sleeves are better/stronger than the B20 sleeves. you could also get a LS and put new 84mm sleeves, which would allow you to go FI in the future if you wanted. also, you can get a LS block for a couple hundred dollars, and a B20 is harder to find, and also more costly.

Baldy201

I will keep that in mind when i do the Bottom end. What do you plan on doing in the future to your car. Are u going to go FI or keep NA?

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
FI

Garrett Turbo
Full Race FMIC
Full Race Piping
Full Race Manifold
Full Race Downpipe
RC 720Injectors
Walbro Fuel pump
Tial Wastegate
Tial Bov
3 Bar Map Sensor
Half Sized Civic Radiator
Oil Lines
3” Cat
Thermal 3”
AEM EMS
Quaife LSD
Darton 84mm Sleeves
Je Pistons
Golden Eagle Rods

Baldy201

sounds like a good set up. I have heard not so good things about the AEM EMS though. People the i have talked to said that there are some bugs with the program and said they wished they went with Hondata s100 with the boost upgrade. By the looks of it you plan on running some high boost. what do you plan on running? Also are you going to get a turbo timer or a boost controler? those are fairly important in a turbo setup. It looks like we are the only ones here that know anything about engines or at least plan on doing anything to them.

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
the EMS had some problems early on, but in the latest version (1.03) it seems to be fixed. the EMS is the Boost controller. turbo timing is not that important. all it does is let your engine idle for a specific amount of time to let the turbo cool down. i can just sit by my car and do the same without spending several hundred dollars, and Im added protection against theft. i would reccomend a S200 instead of S100, better program. its not always about how high you are boosting, its about how much power you want. you can get 300 hp at 10 PSI with a medium sized turbo, or 350 at 8 PSI with a huge turbo. Personally im getting a medium sized turbo, (T3/TO4E, 57 trim w/ .63 A/R) im hoping to get about 275 HP and TQ until i do up my block with the parts i said above. then the sky is the limit. :twisted:

Baldy201

Are you going to do any thing to the drivetrain? 275 HP on the stock axles. yikes! I am sure that they will last for a while but the will eventually snap. Also what about LSD that may be crutal at the track with all that power to the front wheels.( by track i mean Auto-X track). I totaly forgot that the EMS was a Boost controler also. :? silly me. Do you plan on doing the work your self or have a shop do it. I am guessing that you are going to get it tuned also?

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
i wont let anybody install anything in my car. i am doing it all, so far ive done my whole suspension, all electrical stuff, and full exhaust myself. i will most likely be getting better axels, but i was told by Geoff at Full Race that my stock axels should be good up to 300 hp. so after i get my block sleeved and stuff, ill be getting better axels, since ill be upping the boost :twisted:

Yes, i will be getting it tuned by Intense Motorsports (www.i-m-racing.com), they are about 5 minutes from my house, and i might possibly be getting a job there too. All the guys are cool and theres always tons of Supras, RX7s in there. Right now theres a Viper that the owner has a supercharger on it and i think he wants nitrous too.... that guy is crazy! anyways, they are the only Official AEM EMS tuner in Arizona.