g1 help

chico

this is my frist import i picked up a 1989 teg ls hatch. i am not used to this world of imports since i been in the lowrider scene for a good while.but my import gets dubble in gas. and it is really nice and its becoming add.. quick fast with small numbers my bigest concern is that i am at 245k and running good. where is the ac and how does it work and what kind of motor swap does is there. i like my motor. i just want to know where to start and what parts can i install from what years and what not its not like the chevy scene its a whole new world i got three years and good budget to work with to get my car i just need the right directions.

Last edited:

enoch723

245k is fairly average. In terms of tuning.. You dont have much options for the G1 teg. Cant really do much for engine swaps unless you want to throw down some good money or do all the work yourself.

Your best option is to find yourself a 86 or 87 civic hatchback SI with a ZC engine in it at the junkyard. Depending on where you are it will be either easy or hard. If your on the east coast dont even both.. Just get a hold of Danny Carlson or get on G1teg.org and find yourself some DOHC ZC cams and block and thwo it them in. Both cams and block will bolt right in without any trouble. After that all you can really do is a chip and tune.

There is also a 5th gear swap from a 3g accord that you can do that will REALLY improve mpg. I always tell people to just leave there G1 teg stock unless you have a real passion for them and make good money.

I just did a 5th gear swap in my and use it as a DD and got myself a 67 civic to mod and have fun with.

Welcome to the world of Integras. I like to say its the more respectable side of hondas