G1 Owners??

8675309yine

g1 parts must be hard to get ahold of.
Yeah parts are very hard to find around here, salvage yards here usually crush the older stuff as soon as it comes in. I have seen one other G1 in town and it is in the same condition as mine, but it was on the road driving. I keep spare parts that my buddy (who was a Honda tech) "horded" from his shop and just kept in a box with this car.
He let a friend borrow it a while ago (when the car was still almost mint) and 2 years later he got it back in the condition you see it today. The Dist cap was literally "twisty tied" on (with the "twisty's" from a loaf of bread, LOL I said twisty). The oil had not been changed in 2 years, the fuel filter had not been changed. The interior is awful to look at with mystery stains, spilled oil and just gritty nasty filth. I had to wash it 3 times to get all of the dirt off of the exterior, I could not even tell you how many hours I have spent trying to get the interior decent (and less "smelly") with no luck. But it does run good (now) and has cold A/C, so in time, I will probably fix it up, for now it is my daily driver until I finish up my 88 Turbo Coupe :D (2.3 rebuild and a new Garrett T3/T4 hybrid Turbo, should be done this weekend)

Sorry for the thread "Hijack"

"86"

Last edited:

g3teg97

Super Moderator
I've G1,88LS 3door , come from hungary. Some post other site is ready.(first integrations) Below new_driver name.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff143/marinati/DSCF3203.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff143/marinati/DSCF3216.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff143/marinati/DSCF3227.jpg/IMG][/QUOTE]

Wow. Clean G1. You should definitley post up some more pics. We don't get a lot of people from Europe on here.

Funny, because I'm part Hungarian. My grandmother is full Hungarian but she was born in California. They've been back several times but I've never been outside the U.S.

How is the "car culture" over there?

new_driver

Wow. Clean G1. You should definitley post up some more pics. We don't get a lot of people from Europe on here.

Funny, because I'm part Hungarian. My grandmother is full Hungarian but she was born in California. They've been back several times but I've never been outside the U.S.

How is the "car culture" over there?
Thanks a lot your message!
At the time we buy this car (2007.XI) is a stranger for me... Acura dealership is nothing. Plus this is not a new car = hard difficult to repair and service. (parts seeking...) But we've a lot hard working this car since buy! Some parts are correct from crx ZC1 or D16A9/Z5 modell. Here in Hungary possible this is one modell this car this applications! 1988 Acura Integra LS 3door B35m metall lack PGMFI D16A1. We happy the car about not so bad conditions! Like factory .(...)
Here the "car culture" is so difficult. Like many people have a car but most cars are european modell. Audi, Bmw, Fiat, Ford, Mercedes, Opel, Citroen, Daewoo, Volkswagen... We've other car : (the second in the line first the G1) Opel Vectra A2 5door 1995 2.0i 8V CDX modell.
Here some honda club have but only acura is nothing.
The roads conditions is very poor. The motorways is too short. :(
My boyfriend have/ drive a curio 1983 Mitsubishi Tredia 1.6L
My family cars: Volkswagen Golf 3 and 4 gen. Variant 1.4L modell.
The petrol/gas is a quite expensive rich nowadays. 300HUF/LITRE/galon. The smaller cars under the two thousand cubic centimetres (2000cm) are in a great majority otherwise.the more favourable taxes and because of maintenance.

rsxer63

Just got my 87 RS a couple of weeks ago for a commute car... $200 with 165k. Now the 03 RSX can be saved for the weekends and car shows:)

jotcrx

Still going strong :)
That i sso cool that you have so many cars to get parts from :) Being in AZ also helps in the ocndition of the cars at is a dry environment. I wish I had a sunroof car myself...and you have two....LOL

TsunamiZC-t

8) I have one too...1987 RS....245,000 miles and still gets 32 mpg on the highway with all of my performance add-ons. Very rare color too, Sonic Metallic Blue.

As for parts, yes they are hard to find, but I have been able to use parts from other cars on my Gen1. An example would be for adjustable cam timing gears...Timing gears from the 92-99 SOHC Honda Accord engine will fit a D16A1 engine...you just have to order two gears instead of one. The part number is C21-127 from Venom. They definitely helped mine with midarange torque and the car has a nice "lope" while idling through the exhaust.
you on g1teg.org ? thats a pretty rare color :)