Gas light

TheCrimsonStar

Is it normal for it to come on when the level is this low? It didnt light up till it hit the redline. I assumed it would light up sooner. This is the first time I've seen the light come on since I got the car over a year ago. Also this is the lowest I've ever had the fuel. Lol. Other vehicles I've seen it come on when the needle hits the 1/8 tank mark.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Ryan659

Mine comes on about there I think. Newer cars give you more of a warning. 05 accord 60 miles till empty. Teg, get gas NOW

Muckman

Not a M0derator
The light usually means there is approx 1 gallon left - assuming it is on a level surface.
Becareful accelerating hard when low on fuel, its very easy to starve the fuel pump.

renarudo

My light hasn't been coming on lately. I just guess once the needle gets to empty; although the best I've managed is roughly 33mpg with about 1.5 gal to go.

imsimplee

Mine never comes on for some reason... i dont know why. lol

Physh1

Mines comes on at the redline & my fillup at that point is 10 gallons...I still have 3 gallons left.

How much gas does it take to fill up when the light is on? I rarely let my tank get that low...fuel pump needs to stay wet.

Cameron

bkirshr

User that is Registered
Similar to what Psych1 said, mine will come on right about where yours is, then when I fill up, I take around 10-11 gallons. And since the tank holds 13.2, I still have 2-3 gallons left. I feel like the needle is calibrated to read lower than you actually are so you don't run out.

Evul9

My light comes on in the middle of the E, as in way past the E line, usually fills up with 11 gallons

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

DC Guardian

Uniqueness defines
My light comes on in the middle of the E, as in way past the E line, usually fills up with 11 gallons

Times two. Bad habit: i run the tank til way low, rarely gas light tho. When i do, its at that^^^^point. I shit bricks when i see it tho lmao

Muckman

Not a M0derator
I feel like the needle is calibrated to read lower than you actually are so you don't run out.
Thats beacuse the pickup isnt at the absolute bottom of the tank. Plus the pickup sucks through a filter sock and if thats not completely submerged then its sucking air.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner

light came on at 395 and the needle has been sitting there since 360-ish

you should use your trip meter.

Sent from my Glade Air Freshener using Tapatalk.