Gas Prices Update

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
It's an economic fact that as gas prices rise, people's expendable income falls, because everyone buys gas. When people are paying more for gas, they spend less on other things, and the economy suffers. Ask Ford how well their business is doing when SUV sales fall 56% in one year, that's one example. There is no upside to high gas prices except for the Chairman of oil companies and the shareholders of their stock, the US economy and all its citizens take the beating. It makes our enemies in the Middle East and Hugo Chavez richer. High oil prices help the economies of the countries who sell the stuff, not the people of the countries buying it.
Man, I can spot a lib a mile away.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
The price of oil is a Net loss for businesses, it part of the price of doing business. When it costs more to run your business, your profits fall, I don't see how that helps the economy. Would it help the economy if the price of electricity also increased by 50% over a 2 year period?
I'll demolish that statement all day, I'm just getting warmed up. :lol:

LowBoostCivic

Banned
speedin said:
WOOAAAHH! Melt dont respond. and lowboost SHUT IT! that was too much
what? i didnt resort to vuglar language...i handle it pretty well, i even said that i wasnt going to pursue it any longer

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
True, you were very proper in your condescention towards Melt.
I think Speedin just wants to avoid a war in here, which I agree with.
But since this is my thread, I felt I could respond to something I didn't agree with. And if we can all have a civil discussion on the subject in here, I don't see why not.

LowBoostCivic

Banned
if u look at it this way, we are paying higher for gas/oil etc...but they mostly from other countries, we are tapping the rest of the world's oil supply will preserving our own, it is better for us in the long run. i dont see a 1-2 more in gas prices effects the majority of the population, i spend money the same way i did when gas prices were 1.25 on if not lower. many employers also gave their employees raises to help with the cost of gas also. ppl make such big deal about it. if they cant afford gas they prolly cant efford as to buy alot of other things.

LowBoostCivic

Banned
TegSox said:
True, you were very proper in your condescention towards Melt.
I think Speedin just wants to avoid a war in here, which I agree with.
But since this is my thread, I felt I could respond to something I didn't agree with. And if we can all have a civil discussion on the subject in here, I don't see why not.
of course, i would aswell...but the way i was appoarched, i just chose to no longer continue or even engage in a debate with that person. but i'll would still like to add my opinions to this thread

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
$2.11 for 87 now.
$2.31 for 93.

But I heard today gas popped back up over $60 a barrel. And OPEC may cut production sometime this month to get prices back up. That's cucca. :angryred:

1329itr00

Type R
$2.03 for 87
$2.21 for 93

its not really by me but it was in the area that i was friday night... and yes i went there lol only cause i was in the area tho... its like 30 miles away from me which kinda sux

2.11 for 87
2.31 for 93
^by me

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
HA! I just filled up 94 octane for $2.19...I love it

BTW...94 is all I use and there is only one place around here that sells it

1329itr00

Type R
dc2GS-R said:
HA! I just filled up 94 octane for $2.19...I love it

BTW...94 is all I use and there is only one place around here that sells it
i can't find one damn place that has 94 around me... theres a place thats like 20 minutes from me that sells 100 tho lol