Getting bad fuel mileage, how can I make it better?

IntegratedLS

IntegratedLS
My car recently only got about 17 miles tot he gallon. Its a 1992 GS and supposed to get 35. Do you know what kinds of things i can do to it to improve the mileage. What are some good plugs and wires that you recommend?

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
You should average around 30, 35 is pretty high to expect. To get better mileage:
-Make sure your tires are properly inflated, not too high or too low, although too high is better than too low.
-Clean air filter, or better yet, a K&N filter.
-Keep up on your oil changes (clean oil reduces friction) and keep an eye on your oil level and don't let it get too low, Honda's tend to burn more oil than other engines, especially if you drive hard.
-Drive sane....shift around 3-3.5K, don't speed excessivley on the highway, drive you car in as low a gear as possible without bogging the engine.
-A tune up could help, go with NGK plugs and wires, it's the oem replacement brand for Integra's.

Murasame

Yeah don't expect good milage if you drive hard, it makes a huge difference, when I drive hard I get like 22 mpg, and normally I would get like 32. Other than that, check your tires and air filter. Also I noticed if you use bad gas it makes your milage worse too.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I usually get about 25, but i do a lot of stop and go.

LaDY iNTEgRa 9

. . .MiSSiN dA tEg :(
Yeah, 35mpg is a lot to expect.
I saw some pretty good things mentioned above, but one was missed. Clean your fuel injectors. With time, they clog, so cleaning them with fuel injection/carbeurator cleaner is a must. :)