Godspeed turbo kit

Primoce

Frequent Blogger
YOu say you want 7lbs... trust me... you'll be at 9-10lbs... well thats what Im at.

And I love it!

a side note. If you havent done it already, I'd say go ahead and get that godspeed kit. or whatever ebay kit there is. It WILL work. 99.9% GUARANTEED!!!! It WILL Boost for you! You will FeEL it!
BUT You'll just have to keep an eye on everything and be alert of any weird sounds, leaks, smoking, vibrations, etc
And if/when something craps out, you can replace it.
I've had to replace my EBAY turbo once already.... with another EBAY ONE... lol and as i said before, I HAD to replace my wastegate bcuz it overboosted <-- not a good thing at all....

Oh and a key thing is a "OIl restrictor"! for the oil feed line.... I highly recommend....
I can go on and on with advice... lol...

Prozon

Kris
That right there should be telling you just to skip the eBay turbo. He's been running it for how long and is on his second one?

If you have twelve grand coming your way, spend two grand on a legit kit..

Jeffbel

Ok find a legit kit that would be worth it. On the next teg I will have roughly 4g to throw around (building engine and turbo)

AlexD

J13 sooo mad
Ok find a legit kit that would be worth it. On the next teg I will have roughly 4g to throw around (building engine and turbo)
your entry level turbo kit from spoolin, synapse, full blown motorsports, maperformance, go autoworks, rc auto works etc. will be worth it. ALOT MORE than an ebay kit. Gotta pay to play!

AlexD

J13 sooo mad
YOu say you want 7lbs... trust me... you'll be at 9-10lbs... well thats what Im at.

And I love it!

a side note. If you havent done it already, I'd say go ahead and get that godspeed kit. or whatever ebay kit there is. It WILL work. 99.9% GUARANTEED!!!! It WILL Boost for you! You will FeEL it!
BUT You'll just have to keep an eye on everything and be alert of any weird sounds, leaks, smoking, vibrations, etc
And if/when something craps out, you can replace it.
I've had to replace my EBAY turbo once already.... with another EBAY ONE... lol and as i said before, I HAD to replace my wastegate bcuz it overboosted <-- not a good thing at all....

Oh and a key thing is a "OIl restrictor"! for the oil feed line.... I highly recommend....
I can go on and on with advice... lol...
your post here is only going to drive people away from buying an ebay kit. sure itll boost the car, but for how long? how safely will it work?

youre already on your 2nd turbo and 2nd wastegate. couldve just bought it once and got it done with, not have to worry about it and spend the extra money and time. My time is priceless. I dont wanna spend it under my car, I wanna spend it inside it.

BTW. On b series engines, non ball bearing, -3an line, no restrictor. -4an line should have something along the lines of a .065 restrictor.

Str8Boostin

Sleeper
That right there should be telling you just to skip the eBay turbo. He's been running it for how long and is on his second one?

If you have twelve grand coming your way, spend two grand on a legit kit..
+1

Exactly what I was getting at on Page 2.

Don't buy 2 different kits, one now and one down the road (because you'll want more boost/built engine/etc).

Do it right the first time, it's cheaper and more rewarding.

This thread has gone too long without asking the appropriate questions.

If you're new to turbo's, look at all the other supporting mods you'll want/need.

And another thing that I mentioned that seemed to be forgotten by others that suggest you get the Godspeed kit; what about better tires? Upgraded rotors/brake calipers/SS brake lines? How about suspension? How about exhaust, and I'm not talking about just the turbo manifold and downpipe. You're looking way past everything else, and as far as turbo's go...you're simply asking 'would this kit suffice? what about this one? as opposed to, hey I'm looking at this turbo with 1.06 AR, it'll give me more top end but reach that power later in the RPM level as opposed to this quicker spooling .86 AR sized turbo and so forth.

Where do you want this '250' hp (or whatever it was)?

As in, what kind of powerband are you looking at?

It doesn't hurt to educate yourself, or even ask the questions here if you don't feel like reading a bunch of stuff (although it's what I'd recommend).

hgocasca

level 77 troll
I just wanted to see if that particular kit was worth checking out. I hit the search button and got nothing useful(in my opinion). I'm not doing it for at least a month, so I'm doing said research now. Cuz I hate those people who ask dumb questions, and it seems I unexpectedly became that person lol.

I'm shooting for Mid to top end power, 250whp would be great, I am obviously going to want more later, it's inevitable

Primoce

Frequent Blogger
your post here is only going to drive people away from buying an ebay kit. sure itll boost the car, but for how long? how safely will it work?

youre already on your 2nd turbo and 2nd wastegate. couldve just bought it once and got it done with, not have to worry about it and spend the extra money and time. My time is priceless. I dont wanna spend it under my car, I wanna spend it inside it.
Its good for the OP to know what he is getting into...
The point I was trying to get accross is that I installed a "Used" Godspeed turbo, it worked and still works fine. Considering the fact that I had to replace the wastegate and turbo.
The fact of the matter is, we are talking about "Ebay" stuff. EBAY.... Oh did I mention ebay?....

I knew (or had a good feeling) that I would eventually have to replace those parts. and even after buying another ebay turbo, I see myself buying another one later down the road whenever this one decides to give up. I've heard it could take anywhere from weeks, to Years. Hopefully I would have enough "money" saved up to buy a durable Turbo by then.

Money is the keyword. If i had money to spend like some people, I wouldnt waste time on the Ebay stuff, but for people like me, ebay was a good way to get my foot in the Forced Induction door I dont regret a dime that I spent on it

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
You can just go to a junkyard and try to pick up an oem import turbo for cheap. Most use Mitsubishi turbos, good quality, can be and are in good shape alot of times, have an internal waste gate, and most have a standard t3 style 5 bolt flange for mounting.

Last edited:

AlexD

J13 sooo mad
Its good for the OP to know what he is getting into...
The point I was trying to get accross is that I installed a "Used" Godspeed turbo, it worked and still works fine. Considering the fact that I had to replace the wastegate and turbo.
The fact of the matter is, we are talking about "Ebay" stuff. EBAY.... Oh did I mention ebay?....

I knew (or had a good feeling) that I would eventually have to replace those parts. and even after buying another ebay turbo, I see myself buying another one later down the road whenever this one decides to give up. I've heard it could take anywhere from weeks, to Years. Hopefully I would have enough "money" saved up to buy a durable Turbo by then.

Money is the keyword. If i had money to spend like some people, I wouldnt waste time on the Ebay stuff, but for people like me, ebay was a good way to get my foot in the Forced Induction door I dont regret a dime that I spent on it
You replaced 2 of the most critical parts of a turbo kit and you consider it working "well"?

Primoce

Frequent Blogger
Yup! I replaced with a turbonectics evolution wastegate. (wont have to worry about buy another anytime soon)
And a emusa turbo.
Point is, the most critical parts of a ebay turbo will eventually crap out... Thats when you decide to upgrade (if you have the money) or replace with another ebay brand