Gold DC4 Build.

ShinsenTuner

New and fresh.
So, here's a run down of what I've been doing for the last two years or so. I used to drive a 00' VSM DB7 Integra but it was an automatic and I hated it. I did some things to it to try to cover up how much I didn't really enjoy the car. I bought all of the components for the swap but at the last minute I parted everything. Returned the car to stock and then sold it for a reasonable price.

My old teg:

I always wanted to build a 6th Gen Civic coupe so I scrolled by one randomly one day. With no intentions on buying it, I went to look at it just for shits... ended up leaving a downpayment and bought it! It's a 99 EX' Coupe from Texas with its original owner and all of the service schedules up to date. Did some things to it... left it as DD duty and just enjoyed the gas mileage and the standard transmission.

my coupe:

I then bought a 97' DX Coupe from my friend for cheap. All it really needed was a new motor and it would have been able to turn an easy profit. It sat in my garage for a few months, a new motor was installed and I never worked up the motivation to really do anything to it. I planned on a paint job, wheels, new interior pieces, and eventually boosting. But I wasn't excited to have another civic as my "built" car...

So I sold THAT car to a good friend or mine (even doubled up in profit! lol) and bought this shell from a local. I've seen the car a few times but never really considered it to be worthwhile, but the price I got it for with the current condition it was in was well worth it. So here it is... she's a 1994 Acura Integra LS painted Champagne Metallic Pearl. My goal is to rebuild a motor for it, piece together the interior (finally use those Sparcos I have), and make it mechanically sound. I just miss driving an Integra and it would be fun to have another one.

Pictures from the old owner:

Here it is in my garage:

It currently has a headlight harness tuck done and a minor brake line tuck. I plan on getting the roof, engine bay, and rear interior resprayed to the gold color as well as replacing the CF Spoon Style mirrors with 98-01 OEM mirrors and getting another OEM 98-01 front bumper and mounting the OEM ITR lip I have waiting. Then a nice cut and buff on the whole car and then I can move onto piecing together my motor. I was thinking a simple LS/VTEC or just straight VTEC with minor bolt ons and a mild tune for the first season it will be out and about. But we will definitely see where this goes... I'm much more excited about this car!

:D

ShinsenTuner

New and fresh.
JDM ITR Gauge Cluster and JDM ITR Steering wheel just purchased from hmotors. I'll post pictures when I'm home and installing them, lol.

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
Wow. Gold!! Our cars would look awesome together.. And then get a friend with a silver teg.. Bronze, silver, and gold!

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
Also interesting, you've got an upgraded front, and I have an upgraded rear :thumbs up

ShinsenTuner

New and fresh.
Nice! I am a big fan of the 94-97 bumpers but the 98-01 bumpers are much cleaner. Eventually I would like to have both, one for track duty/daily driving and the other for going to meets and whatnot lol

Kyle

Original VTEC> LS-VTEC. Just piece something together and go drive it.

ShinsenTuner

New and fresh.
I mentioned an LS/VTEC due to price constraints. The over-all price for an OEM VTEC motor from any reputable source would run me upwards to 3000 dollars. Where I can slowly piece together a motor with aftermarket internals and whatnot just for about the same price with more power and zero miles. But again, depends on how much money I have to play with.

Good thing is, at the end of this school year (May-ish) I will be going to Japan to visit my sister and brother in law. In the process I am hoping to make a majority of my purchases over there and putting it all together over here. I guess it would just mean more knowing how long I spent building it and having a story about every single piece of the car and how I acquired it.

ShinsenTuner

New and fresh.
Made a quick trip home, no pictures. I'm done with finals on Monday and start work over winter break on Wednesday, therefore Tuesday will be working on the teg day, lol. A good buddy of mine gave me his rear ITR seats for Christmas. My goals for this car so far is to complete the black interior swap and clean it really well inside and out before any other work will be done to it.

built_ls

everything is cheaper in Japan so that will be cool if you could buy everything there and bring in state some how.

you need a new sig

ShinsenTuner

New and fresh.
sucks to see the DB is gone.
I miss it once in a while. The car wasn't in the greatest shape as the pictures may lead you to believe. It had 109,000 miles on it when I sold it, almost every bolt on the car was frozen and there was major rust building up on the insides of the quarter panel. :(

everything is cheaper in Japan so that will be cool if you could buy everything there and bring in state some how.

you need a new sig
I definitely hope so! Shipping it back wouldn't be too bad, it's just acquiring it will be the major task since I don't speak a word of Japanese. :lol:

ssbpdc2R

Made a quick trip home, no pictures. I'm done with finals on Monday and start work over winter break on Wednesday, therefore Tuesday will be working on the teg day, lol. A good buddy of mine gave me his rear ITR seats for Christmas. My goals for this car so far is to complete the black interior swap and clean it really well inside and out before any other work will be done to it.
nice, tan is such a ugly color. Only old people like that stuff! Show us some shots after that interior swap. And take them get rid of them rotas!