Golden Eagle

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
yes thats their site. golden eagle is awesome. why do you want the race bearings?
well why not? i says it is designed to withstand higher RPM conditions, so its nothing but good ish no?

or should i go with a different type of bearings?

patrick4588

Integra God
well the race bearings arent very good for daily driving or really anything other than straight drag racing. just run some duraglide acl's or if you are ballin; go with oem honda bearings.

Last edited:

patrick4588

Integra God
adding a block guard will require the block to get machined to put it in for one and then it creates unequal stress points in the cylinders which makes it more prone to cracking. IT also limits coolant flow.

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
you have personal experience with this? im just trying to figure out what route i want to go.

from their golden eagle it says it allows maximum coolant flow.

BLOCK GUARD
-Precision CNC machined from 6061T6 billet aluminum
-Scalloped design allows maximum coolant flow to the head
-Provides strength to stock sleeves and prevents sleeve walk that can cause premature head gasket failure

on the installs it does say some machining is required, but its only on the blockguard.

patrick4588

Integra God
you have personal experience with this? im just trying to figure out what route i want to go.

from their golden eagle it says it allows maximum coolant flow.

BLOCK GUARD
-Precision CNC machined from 6061T6 billet aluminum
-Scalloped design allows maximum coolant flow to the head
-Provides strength to stock sleeves and prevents sleeve walk that can cause premature head gasket failure

on the installs it does say some machining is required, but its only on the blockguard.
they mean it provides maximum coolant flow that you can achieve with a block guard in. it still allows less than without it. its a big debate about block guards. jeff evans doesnt use them and he tunes cars to 600hp on stock sleeves if that helps you any. either sleeve the block or dont; a block guard wont help any. you arent even going turbo are you?