Header
Straight pipe to stock exhaust
XTD stage 3 6 puck Spung
7.5 Flywheel
Intake manifold running secondary butterfly
p72 stock

are we evenly matched?

Alvi84

Health of the motor isn't easy to determine. Mileage on each motor would play factor too. Biggest thing though when you're in evenly matched cars is the DRIVER. Also he has a p28 chipped... has he been tuned? That will make small but helpful impacts towards drag racing. Hopefully this was on a track!

seahtech

The tuning could play a big part. Another HUGE factor that people dont pay attention to is the tires and traction!! And realisitcally you are pretty evenly matched but you may just suck at driving :)

reg_lus

my block was rebuilt with 60k used pistons with new pistons rings....his is probably at 160k.... his p28 is not tuned...

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Factor in the weight of each car too. 4 door is heavier than 2 door. Stereo systems have weight. Any interior things removed, like seat(s) or spare tire/jack?

96GSRteg

Tyler
the driver makes a huge impact in situations like this. its like when people ask about "their buddy's lude vs their gsr." At a certain point, its about the driver.

how much did you "lose" by? and how long was it?

04caliwrx

streetracing is not safe and should be done on the track. but It's all about the driver, aka the driver mod lol. I can run 11.6 in my sti all day long with only 360whp on pump 91, the guy at the track who said he had a 430whp sti was running 12.4. My 60 foot was 1.6 sec and he was 1.9, so my times are due to being a better driver. Stay safe and try to race at a safer spot like a track.

eiznekeM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
streetracing is not safe and should be done on the track. \.

i hate when people tell me this lol :roll:
Good advice is nothing to roll your eyes at.

seahtech

Good advice is nothing to roll your eyes at.

ya ya ya we've all done it and/or will do it. People need to learn the hardway about street racing and until they do you cant talk them out of it if you know what I'm saying.

his p28 is not tuned? so his B18c engine is running an ecu designed for a single cam engine and you still lost!?!?!? :p hehe

LSiNtegraDB7

I enjoy Integras.
ya ya ya we've all done it and/or will do it. People need to learn the hardway about street racing and until they do you cant talk them out of it if you know what I'm saying.
Yeah your right. I'd rather just sit back and let people street race until they kill a family in a collision than inform them of the possible consequences. :roll:

When I first started driving I'll admit I used to run it against people. It wasn't until I had intelligent people on here really bring up important points and consequences that I actually stopped and thought about what I was doing. Its helpful to tell people no.

eiznekeM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahtech

Yeah your right. I'd rather just sit back and let people street race until they kill a family in a collision than inform them of the possible consequences.

When I first started driving I'll admit I used to run it against people. It wasn't until I had intelligent people on here really bring up important points and consequences that I actually stopped and thought about what I was doing. Its helpful to tell people no.
+1 Sir.

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
you have no need for stage 3 clutches, a stage 1 is more than you need. I never understood why people upgrade their clutches instead of adding more power.