guy_from_nerks 4dr build thread...the quest for 10's

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
6/2-3/10: Been a busy last couple of days, well busy in my book lol. Started off friday by finally getting the stock broken axles out of the car and ready to take into Advance to get new ones under friends warranty. After that I decided not to goto fireworks but rather stay home and work on the car trying to get it done. My dad came over and we got the powder coated clutch master cylinder in the car and mounted. Got the throttle cable issue fixed finally.

After he left my buddy Josh came over and he wanted to do something to the car lol. So we finished up the headlight harnesses. Just had a few wires that needed to be extended, soldered and loomed up. Then we put my new hood latch cable on (burnt through old one with welder while shaving bay), even tucked it as well. Test fit the radiator, I am thinking I am gonna make a bracket to hold the other leg on it so it doesn't wobble around.

Today after going and seeing Twilight Eclipse I went to advanced and picked up new axles..yes I know lol, but a happy wife is a happy me! The axles were free courtesy of my buddies lifetime warranty like I mentioned so big ups to Nick for letting me use his warranty!! Also big ups to Josh for coming over and hanging out in the garage til 2:30 am working on the car with me.

Tomorrow I am hoping to get the axles in the car, mount fuel pressure regulator and filter. Run fuel lines, wire up fuel pumps to a relay, mount battery box in the trunk, sand fenders down and sand front bumper. Get those in primer and get the underside of my hood in paint/clear.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
7/4/10: More work got done today to the teg!! Started out by mounting the clutch resivoir, then bled the clutch, after that I filled the trans with the Torco RTF (for those that have never used it, it stinks and its blue lol). Then I ran the 2 lines from the catch can to back of the block and got those snugged up. Since that was done I filled the motor with the Torco break in oil. With that done I drilled a hole to mount the radiator bracket so I can get that mounted. Also got the shift linkage mounted up to the trans. I am currently trying to find my stock radiator fan so I can snip the plug off it and solder it onto the SPAL fan. Might work on it a little more tonight if my buddy comes down, if not ill just wait and work on it sometime tomorrow.

7/5/10:
Fuel Filter Mounted: Check
Fuel Lines Ran: Check
Brake Lines all Buttoned up: Check

The list of things needed to do in order to get it running is dwindling down. I have to run to jegs tomorrow to take some fittings back and to pick up some fittings for fuel system. Gonna mount my FPR, run the line from rail to FPR and then the return from FPR can be bolted up to FPR. Also gonna wire up the dual pumps to a relay. Hoping to have harness back in the car wednesday and be able to crank her over

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
7/6/10: Got my fuel pressure regulator mounted and the lines from rail to it mounted. Also got the line from regulator to fuel pumps mounted. Radiator is in and mounted, headlight harnesses are all buttoned up. Fuse box has been mounted inside of the car

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
7/8/10: The little things that add up were knocked out this evening. My buddy Josh brought me an intake tube and coupler to use for now. The coupler and filter are blue and only thing they match in the bay is my spark plug wires, so don't hate on it too much, it was free and I don't plan on being all motor for long lol. Josh also brought his headilght restorer with him so I could clean up the oxidized headlights that were driving me nuts. Mounted up the fuel lines under the car so they weren't just dingling.

Here are the headlights before restoring them:

And during the process:

Afterwards and mounted:

Even did my taillights cause I was bored:

Now that intake I was talking about, it came to me blue and ended up gold:

Braided fuel lines mounted up under car using factory plastic:

Oh and Tyson even came out to the garage to lend a hand:

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
lol why haven you updated your page on ch ?
1. I totally forgot about that site
2. I have this thing posted on about 5 other forums lol
3. No offense but most the guys on there were know nothing know it all assholes

XxCaryxX

OMG! I just read this whole thing and am almost at an utter loss of words. (Fortunately, I don't have to speak but type instead lol! You sir, are an inspiration to me! I mean HOLY SHIT BATMAN! 2 years of dedication where 95% of people would have changed their idea or gave up. All this while working full time, getting married, and your wife having a baby! Hats off to you sir! You are well respected in my book! :D

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Thanks man, it has been very trying at times I will not lie. There has been times when I would stop and think "what the hell am I doing lol" but then I would think "man its gonna be worth it when its all said and done". I still have a ways to go in my quest but I will not give up til those goals are reached.

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
OMG! I just read this whole thing and am almost at an utter loss of words. (Fortunately, I don't have to speak but type instead lol! You sir, are an inspiration to me! I mean HOLY SHIT BATMAN! 2 years of dedication where 95% of people would have changed their idea or gave up. All this while working full time, getting married, and your wife having a baby! Hats off to you sir! You are well respected in my book! :D
^^^ THIS. :shock: dude you are my hero hahaha

ls/lownslow

can you get me an exact link to the loom you bought ...

went on the site and could not find it ...... im dumb ! lol

Omarlito21

Wow ...You are a fuckin monster incredible ride man I'm still drooling .....can't wait till its all done... Congrats on the baby and all man :drool::drool::drool::shocked2::shocked2::drool:

sylvaner01

Woah, good work man, congrats on your baby btw.
So good to see that your car is still coming together! I cannot wait until it is ready, i'm sure your more keen than me though ;P

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
^^^ THIS. :shock: dude you are my hero hahaha
Haha Thanks!

can you get me an exact link to the loom you bought ...

went on the site and could not find it ...... im dumb ! lol
I tried looking for my reciept I got from them to see if it had a SKU number, but I can't find it. Just search around on there for either Kevlar loom or Flame Retardent Loom

Wow ...You are a fuckin monster incredible ride man I'm still drooling .....can't wait till its all done... Congrats on the baby and all man :drool::drool::drool::shocked2::shocked2::drool:
Thank you!!

Woah, good work man, congrats on your baby btw.
So good to see that your car is still coming together! I cannot wait until it is ready, i'm sure your more keen than me though ;P
Thanks! I cannot wait to finally be able to drive this damn thing.

damn :shockl: nice work man cant wait to see the dyno/track sheets :thumbs up
Thank you, I'll be going boost over the fall/winter so I am ready for next spring.