H22 anybody?

j_integ95

I have a 95 Integ LS 4 door, Just recently blow my motor. Was thinking of an H22 prelude motor.. has anybody install one of these monster in a integ... if so what is needed to install one of these suckers and also how is the drive with it (is it unblance or anything).. :?:

Dsanchez16

I dont think it would work

I think the H22 is too big (2.2l) to put in a integra, plus you would be pushing more horses with a type-r or gsr swap with less problems

JOEY

Re: I dont think it would work

Originally posted by "Dsanchez16"

I think the H22 is too big (2.2l) to put in a integra, plus you would be pushing more horses with a type-r or gsr swap with less problems
well it would push more horse power than both a type-r (195 hp) or GS-R engine (170 hp) but it would be a pain in the ass to do that swap. its been done but my opinion would be to get a GS-R motor and start from there because it would be more reliable and those motors have big time potential. anyways good luck with your next motor.

ElectrikTC3

Yes it will work...

Ok, the h22 swap will work, but there are a few obsticles.. 1st, u have to buy all new mounts and shit like that so u can cram that baby in there, second, u cannot have power steering..... 3rd, you can not have air conditioning, 4th, u end up spending alot of coin just to get it in there, when ur better off just sticking w/ a 1.8.... ie: c5...........

U might be able to have powersteering, but im pretty sure u cant,... ?!?!

IntegraGSR

Stick to B series

The h22 could be done but you have to buy motor mounts and no a/c and no power steering and your turning would be horrible because the h22 is too heavy and it creates a lot more weight in the front. Stick to the B series and avoid all the trouble B18C1 or b18C5 are the best options for you.