has anyone ever replaced their wheel studs?

urbano

2 of mine broke off and im having trouble taking the hub off. do you really need to take off the whole arm?

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
i get that all the time :D lol!

no problem bro. thats what were here for!

urbano

i get that all the time :D lol!

no problem bro. thats what were here for!
wait...was that guide for dc's or integras in general? i had a mechanic look at it earlier and he said it would be easier to buy a whole new arm because if i took the hub off, id have to replace some bearings behind the hub etc. etc.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
its with integs in general

when pulling out or reinstalling the hub, there is a possibility to damage the wheel bearing. it would be a good idea to change it out anyways.

your mecganic said it would be easier to change out the whole thing because hes being lazy.

the rear ones tho, you dont have to remove the hub.
just remove the heat shield, turn the hub, hammer out the old stud, bolt i. the new stud as stated in the how-to and repeat. of course you remove the caliper and rotor too.

Last edited:

urbano

its with integs in general

when pulling out or reinstalling the hub, there is a possibility to damage the wheel bearing. it would be a good idea to change it out anyways.

your mecganic said it would be easier to change out the whole thing because hes being lazy.

the rear ones tho, you dont have to remove the hub.
just remove the heat shield, turn the hub, hammer out the old stud, bolt i. the new stud as stated in the how-to and repeat. of course you remove the caliper and rotor too.
oh my bad. i meant to say cheaper rather than easier. awesome. im saving this to my favorites