Header bolt breaks off

Dsanchez16

One of my rear lower left header bolts snapped in half last week and i am driving with (what i presume) to be no problem. However i do think that my car has lost some power....is there any easy way to fix this problem i.e. drilling the screw out, or can i do with one less header bolt?

Crazed_B18B1

Dsanchez16 said:
One of my rear lower left header bolts snapped in half last week and i am driving with (what i presume) to be no problem. However i do think that my car has lost some power....is there any easy way to fix this problem i.e. drilling the screw out, or can i do with one less header bolt?
Well to me it would be important to get that fixed right away. It happened to me before but it was the bolts that connect the muffler and the b pipe together. With out that bolt your headers could be leaking and that would make u lose some power. When u rev does it back fire or sounds like it farting? But anyways wat i did was take it to muffler tech and had them take the broke piece that was stuck, off. It would cost no more than 10 bux. Or u can take it to midas and see what they can do.

Dsanchez16

yeah i am gonna wait until i get paid again so i can cover the damage, but i dont think it leaks for right now

hyper98gsr

yea get it fixed. an exhaust leak can not only rob power but it will rob gas mileage