Heat and a/c issue

jeepers94

93 Integra GS
So my air and heat dont work on any of the four levels. I checked the fuse for the blower motor and its fine. Any ideas what else it could be. All the other electrical things work in my car. The only problem I am having other then the blower motor is a slight idling issue but Im not sure if the problems are related. I have a 93 gs.

92gsrboy

if the fuse is good....which i believe its a 40 amp...then sounds like the blower motor itself broke

mirrorimg

So the fan speed control doesnt work. There is a plug on the back of the climate control that sends the signal to the blower. You could figure out the pins and jump them, to try to get it to work (or just test for power), and see if that turns the blower on.

It may be a bad blower, or a bad fan select switch (the climate control unit)

jeepers94

93 Integra GS
I tried turning the car on to the on position and then turned on the blower and tried tapping on it. It didnt come on but it sounded like it tried to. Does that mean the blower is bad? If thats the case it says you have to discharge the ac before taking it apart. Is that true? Im not great with cars so if thats the case i may be better off taking it somewhere to have done.

92gsrboy

oh yea mirroeimg is also on the right track could be the fan speed slector switch...fan speed 1 doesnt work on mine but the rest do