help car pops & jerks when turning

Havok114

story is went to the track on slicks couple runs in car started jerking and popping , noticed it first when i was in 4th gear going down the track car started shaking real bad and i quickly let off , it does when turning aswell i thought it was the passenger axel so i replaced it and the car still does it !
i dont know what else it would be it also does it randomly when crusing like at 45mph :(

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Drive issues should feel very different than engine issues. Youre saying these effects are random? Does it rev normally in neutral? Often i suspect the dizzy for these kinds of things. You might need to be more detailed cus your thread title implies it only happens when turning which isnt really a engine issue.

Havok114

yea its not an engine issue car works fine but when driving it feels like the axel is on the way out but i just replaced it , i ment pops as in it sounds like something is going on with the passenger axel and the car jerks too

We need more information.
For example does it do it sometimes at low speeds or only highway does it clunk or click, sound type can be important.
Is it shuddering during acceleration or deceleration or only highway speeds?

Does it just pull or does it pull more when braking? Do any of your pedals pulsate when this happens?

My guess at the moment would be:
1. Damaged shock absorber/coil spring mount or
2. Worn or damaged inboard or outboard cv joints.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Most likely beyond my range of experience but as with anything like that id start by jacking the car up and inspecting front suspension and surrounding. If its not engine performance then its something broken or loose.

2oo1Dc2

if you had stock axles and you're dumping it at a higher rpm with slicks, i bet you stripped out the cv joint on the drivers side. easy fix. cheaper to probably just replace the axle.

Havok114

So even tho the noise + jerking is cocoming from the passenger side it could be the driver side axel? I already replaced the passenger side axel

Sent from my pager