Help! Stumped.

Aye guys, I gotta a really frustrating problem. I know this site is for tegs, but I got a buddy that needs some help. alright we got a 97 ex civic, lowered that was swapped to non vtec from the guy before us. the issue is he hit a pothole and the axel came apart on the tranny side on the passenger side. so we go to autozone tried 2 different axels abs and non abs both of them didn't work.by the time we tighten down the axel nut it's close to coming apart then when we lower the car you can see that it is completely apart when it's on the ground looking at the boot around the joint and it's stretched to where the ripples are flat. We got one from advanced auto and it does the same thing. it seems like it's about an inch short, maybe more. he said something about the hubs possibly being swapped were not shore what else they coulda put in there that would be different so were stumped. Wither we bent something, have the wrong part and are looking for the wrong part I have no idea even tried to compare it to an ls axel but it was obviously to shortand he can't get to work so we gotta figure this out ASAP

I'd say like a 2 inch drop not exactly sure but his wheels aren't tucked at all you can still look over the top of the tire probably a good inch before the tire goes into the fenders

zack11122

Look at where the block and tranny meet. Should be something like b18 or b20. Unless it's a d then it will be different.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Can you measure the length of the original axle and compare it against the new axle off the car?

zack11122

New axles are always gunna be shorter than old. Beat and stretched old axles. Just saying

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
yeah, they have an axle stretcher in the trunk. didn't you get one when you bought your car?

I cant help, but just throwing out ideas
Wonder if its a JDM. Could that make a difference in axles?

Figured it out looked at it before we went and bought parts real close popped the hood and looked around and noticed the tranny mount came apart the bolts ripped te threads out we couldn't find a tap for the next size bolt yesterday ayes everything was closed who woulda thought the damn mount fell apart haha but hopefully we find a tap today and put the bigger bolts in so hopefully it's back on the road by the end of today