Help with a quick body fix?

bkirshr

User that is Registered
Hey guys, so I've tried to ignore this little blemish for a while, but I can't help it anymore. Ever since I've had my car (4 months), there's been this corner of my rear bumper that kinda stick out underneath the tail light. Is there any way to get it to stick back in? It seems like there used to be a nub (for lack of a better term) that fit into the little hole on the bumper, but the nub looks like it has been worn down so the hole doesn't stay over it anymore. Maybe some JB weld? or would that not be a good idea. I've attached pictures of the problem area, it's not too noticeable to somebody else, but every time I look at it, it gets under my skin. Thanks for your help guys!

in this one you can see the hole that is supposed to fit over the nub

mjones73

Only thing I can think of is a stainless screw and washer to bolt down in that hole in the bumper to hold it in place. You'd of course need to pull the tail light out so you can push that panel back in and screw it down. Just make sure you're not screwing into anything important.

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
that or for a real quick fix you could use a zip tie. but since you need to take the light out i would suggest doing it the right way with the bolt/nut/washer

bkirshr

User that is Registered
thanks guys! i didnt think about taking the whole light out.