HHO project

jim vehlewaald

I am currently working on an HHO (water4gas) system for my 2001 Acura Integra (5 speed) and have thoroughly searched for any information on here, but to no avail. I will probably be flamed by the naysayers, but thats ok. The purpose here is to get more info for this project so it goes smoothly and if anyone else is interested in pursuing this idea we can grow as a group. The astronomical price of gas today and the governments inability (in cahoots w/the oil companies) to respond to have me looking to fight back.

My car currently gets 30-35 mpg, and with the HHO system installed and the fuel leaned out I'm hoping to increase that to >50 mpg...which should be easily obtainable. I have my cells (6) built and am ready to install as soon as I figure the proper route of bypassing/overriding the oxygen sensors to lean out the fuel mixture prior to HHO installation. I've seen/heard numerous ways to do this and this is what I'm confused about.

1) Cover the O2 sensors w/aluminum foil - this idea was promoted by an instructor and he mentioned that the sensors are designed to operate at 660 degrees, by covering them w/foil, the sensors do not sense the increase in oxygen due to HHO being injected. The cars engine runs cooler and this overrides info fed to the controller. I question this because if the engine runs cooler, how can the 660 degree operating temp. be satisfied?

2) Use of oxygen sensor extenders - like a spark plug extender, only used to pull the probe farther away from the exhaust gases so it does'nt detect the increase in the amount of oygen being injected and therefore is satisfied. I agree with this idea, and with the amount of O2 extenders for sale on ebay, this must be a proven way for some people. However my question w/this idea is if the HHO system is switched "off" which I want that option, will this extender system still work in the stock mode, or will I get some sort of trouble light.

3) Use of a EFIE fuel enhancer management system - I found them for sale (prices range from ($15-49) and this is a controller module that is wired into the O2 sensors that allow for the "stock" or "enhanced" mode. It controls the millivole level to an extremely precise level. What I like about this idea is you can lean the setting out in the stock mode to maximize the mpg's before the installation of the HHO( ALL ENGINES RUN RICH), then when the HHO is installed it gives maximum efficiency in both modes. A little control module is mounted in the drivers area for quick access. I don't like the price for this system, but if it works as well as it claims, the cost will be recouped in a month or two.

That's it for now, this is a work in progress. When I get my Integra HHO system working, I'm looking forward to doing the same with my '93 Ford F-150 Extended Cab. There's ample room in the engine compartment for the Hydrogen cells, so I'm licking my chops for that project! But the Acura comes first. For the naysayers I suggest you visit youtube and watch the hydrogen cells that are produced that are run to an open jar w/soap solution on top...the bubbles formed are like little m-80's when ignited! Just type in HHO and watch the links provided, you'll see my point.

Thanks for any and all responses to this thread, all info is greatly appreciated,

Jim

speedin

The Transporter
Im not deleting it. I read though it and he is talking about his conversion. Not advertising products at all. Not to mention he actually mentioned a teg, lol, never seen a spammer do that. Just because you dont believe in the conversion doesn't make it spam, what if you posted a build thread on a site as your first post, should I delete that too? Just because were getting alot of spam doesnt mean everything is

konerri

sounds interesting.... but you lost in the first sentence. Could you please better explain your HHO (water4gas) system. Are you talking about water injection to up compression but at the same time the water will keep the cambers cool?

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Spam doesn't usually post almost a month after join date.

Anyhow, I usually averaged around 30-33mpg in my GSR anyway

speedin

The Transporter
Didnt Myth busters try these products??

I read up on those links, see I thought he was talking about water injection. But its actually hydrogen, just uses water and then separates the molecules.

Gotta say, im still skeptical. I haven't heard of anyone credible really picking this up yet.

jim vehlewaald

spam? no, not spam. Just an honest thread looking for hopefully someone that has did this already w/their Integra. A hydrogen cell can be made to use the current from the alternator to dissassociate the h20 into HHO, seperating the hydrogen from the oxygen, then this is injected (thru vacuum) into the intake manifold (at 2 seperate points) to increase your mpg's thru the burning of the hydrogen - this helps burn what fuel you do use more efficiently and increases the octane level of the fuel that is used. The exhaust is much cleaner also. go to youyube and punch in "HHO" and watch a few vids to familiarize yourselves. In fact punch in "HHO Acura Integra" and there's a guy that has did it already. Ask around, its more popular than you think. Through some work, you can increase the mpg's of any gasoline engine - the Germans in WWII used this technology to increase the distance of their fighter planes. the oil companies want this squashed, but with the cost of gas soaring, its making a big comeback. They give classes in my town every saturday, plan on going on the 11th, to talk first hand with a few of the "experts". Was hoping someone on this board could have already done this. I've already bui;t the hydrogen cells (glass jar w/+/- probe wounded w/stainless steel wires , filled w/H2o and a catalyst(usually a tablespoon of baking soda)...apply 12V and watch the bubbles begin. Careful though, those bubbles are VERY explosive...to prove their explosiveness a few on youtube put dish soap on top and scoop off the top of the buidup of bubbles and ignite. VERY Explosive! hydrogen is 3X more powerful than gasoline. Thanks Ominous G2, will check out those links.

Again no...not spam, just checking this board for anyone else that has done this or has experience with this technology.

Thanks for all replies, will check back frequently,

Jim

Last edited:

speedin

The Transporter
Hum, so this is like the hydrogen fuel cell cars then. Ok, then i have heard of the process.

Now what makes the BMW, or Toyota system so much more expensive? Last ive heard the hydrogen cars of BMW and Toyota dont refine the water in car but instead get the hydrogen pumped into the car like gasoline. I believe it had to do with the very volatile process of making hydrogen and safety issues of driving around like that.

There has got to be a reason there not refining the water in car. Also how quick is the reaction? Like the volume of gas per min or something? Isnt it a slow reaction?

Last edited: